Chapter 23 - Death Wish

"Well," Sahara said. "You definitely need to save Cascade, Darkshine." Indigo nudged me. "I'll come with you."

Sahara started panting. "What's happening, Sahara?" I asked, worried. "Dammit, Cas remembered me." Sahara responded, gasping for breath. Gills were sprouting on her neck as well.

"Oh gosh... Light..." I whispered. Light's neck was also growing gills, but this time, I could see each scale shifting to the new formation.

"I'm fine. Cascade is in trouble, come on!" She cried. I shook my head. "We need backup. Stormchaser, will you come with us?"

"I can't breathe underwater." He pointed out. "Cascade forgot about me."

I felt a sudden need to comfort him. I settled for brushing my wing against his. "When we get close, we'll yell into the ocean to Cas that you need gills." He smiled and blushed slightly.

"Hey LOVEBIRDS! Cascade needs our help!" Indigo yelled.

"We're not lovebirds!" I yelled back, blushing.

"I don't care, even though you are lovebirds, but we have to go." Light said. "You aren't going anywhere, Lightshine." Queen Glory glared at us.

"My friend is dead and my dragonets are not next." She said firmly. I groaned. "You can't stop us." Sahara pointed out.

"No, I can't, but I highly suggest you don't leave unless you have a death wish." Indigo shot us a desperate look. "See you in the ocean." She whispered. Then she and Sahara flew away.

"Stormchaser?" Light asked. "They need your help." The NightWing shook his head. Glancing around to look for our mother, he said,

"Fly after them now." Distraction. I told Light. 3,2,1. We both flapped our wings violently, and lifted into the sky. The three of us flew at top speed away from the RainWings and NightWings, and we spotted Sahara and Indigo not far from us, relaxing on a riverbank. Indigo bounced to her feet, grinning, and waved. "Shine!" She called. Sahara glanced over and saw Light, Stormchaser and I.

"How'd you get away?" She asked.

"Well..." Light started. She explained everything to Sahara and Indigo. "What's your plan?" Asked Stormchaser.

"We were thinking we could sneak down there and ask around if anyone has seen Cascade." Indigo said.

"You know," I pointed out. "I'm beginning to think we have a death wish."