Chapter 15 - Rosebud... dead?

"No." My voice was desperate, upset, and horrified. Rose hadn't made it? But she wasn't a hybrid, and neither were Copper or Alligator. It didn't make any sense. Indigo started to cry, and so did I. Rosebud, the RainWing I had known for more than half of my life, dead? Or frozen, on the edge of death, like Starflight and Fatespeaker had been? I didn't care that ice was starting to form at the doorway we had made, and coming into the sun. I dove to the ground, and felt myself being carried away from the ice. A calm voice said, "Take to the sky, and wait until the ice freezes below us." It was Qibli, and the one carrying me was Winter. I beat my wings hard against his scales and kicked at him. "Put me DOWN, Winter!" I screamed. "Your stupid IceWings did this, they KILLED my FRIEND!" I was dropped into strong talons, and lifted into the air. This wasn't an IceWing. And I was going to kill Igloo. "I'll KILL you, Igloo! I'll kill the WHOLE ICEWING TRIBE! And you'll be lucky if you're good enough for HELL, let alone heaven!" I was put down in a small tree. I watched the ice freeze the ground below me, and I just wanted to wake up. If this was a dream, it was a nightmare of a vision, and I never wanted to see it again.

But it wasn't a vision. It was real, as anyone could tell. I collapsed, crying again, into a nightmare where Indigo and Sahara and Rosebud and Glory and Deathbringer died again and again in front of me. I woke, screaming, and was comforted for a second before realizing that the dream was based on reality. I fell back asleep and was taken by the nightmare again, this time with Igloo cackling and stabbing me, but not killing me. He didn't let me join Rose and Indigo and my winglet and family, he was just trying to hurt me.

I will kill you, Igloo. You took my friends. You will take my family. But I will take you.

Okay, I know this got kind of confusing, but she was so upset that even she didn't know what was happening.