Chapter 26 - Surprise that absolutely everyone expected

"Assembled NightWings and RainWings!" Shouted Light. Everyone turned to her, silent.

Light stepped aside to reveal Indigo. "Three. Two. One. Go!" I whispered. Stormchaser grinned and put a wing around me. It was kind of awkward.

"I enchant all the magical ice to disappear immediately!" Indigo called. Instantly, it was warmer. The ice was all gone.

"It is safe to go back to Jade Mountain now!" Called Glory. Everyone cheered. Suddenly, I remembered Rose. Would I see her body in Jade Mountain? Could I get her back?

——*——

"We're finally here!" Cried Light. "Whoa!" Stormchaser said. He was replacing Igloo, as nobody wanted another IceWing.

I sighed and Indigo sat next to me, putting her wing across my back. "I miss them too." We sat and stared at the sunset and remembered the lost dragons. Sunny, Rose, Stonemover, Alligator, and Copper. Maybe more.

And then there was a call through the tunnels. "Shine!" It was obviously Sahara.

I jumped to my feet and flew down the corridor, Indigo on my heels. Sahara stood in a cave.

She wasn't alone. She stood next to Copper.

Yes. The dead Copper.

And clinging to his arm was Rose.

Yes. The dead Rose.