Chapter 33 - Talking

Winter and Qibli were talking.

Not about Moon, of course, because Moon had been quite clear that she didn't want them talking about her.

No, they were talking about Jade Mountain. "Winter, you can take a break. You've been teaching here longer than you attended, not that you attended longer than a week, but the students are doing just fine, and I don't mind. I have Fatespeaker, and Starflight to help me, and Umber's coming, and Anemone and Tamarin are starting teaching next year, plus Webs. We're fine if you..." Qibli said.

"I think you need me. I don't think I should leave."

"Go back home, and you can think about it until next time Jade Mountain is open for schooling. Also, I'm sure Lynx would appreciate it if you could notice her for once, she is your WIFE."

Winter groaned. Qibli, AGAIN, had many good points. "I will THINK about it." He left the room immediately after that.

Not long after, Tamarin came in. "Hey Qibli." She smiled.

"Hey, what's up?" He replied.

"Queen Thorn—" Queen Thorn. Oh no, what happened? Shush, Qibli, LISTEN TO TAMARIN.

"—says you have a visitor." She continued. Qibli sighed in relief.

"I wonder who... maybe an IceWing? Or a NightWing?" What if it's Moon?

"Thanks." He replied.

"No problem. Hey..." The RainWing trailed off.

"Have you told Umber... you know, how you feel?" Qibli's head shot up.

"What?!? No!"

"Come on, Qibli. I know you like him." Tamarin pointed out.

"YOU KNOW NOTHING OF THE SORT."

"Yes I do, you told me and I screamed and fangirled for an hour." She laughed.

"SHUTUPNOWORELSE, TAM!!!"

—————————

"Winter!" A voice called, and Winter, out of habit, began thinking about Moonwatcher. But it was no longer the mysterious black dragon he loved.

"Lynx?" Winter replied, still slightly irritated by Qibli. "What is it?"

Her hurt face was only obvious for a second, before she said, "You know, Winter, I love you, but you are such a jerk sometimes. Maybe you should keep your mouth shut before you meet someone not as forgiving as I am." She then dropped the act and grinned at him. "Nice to see you again."

He sighed. It was impossible to be mad at Lynx. Sweet, kind, and fearless Lynx.