Chapter 20 - Sunny

"Well, I guess we'll just have to go back to the camp. I think the ice is stopping." Light said, defeated.

"I can breathe underwater, maybe I can find him." Cascade suggested. "Good luck." Stormchaser muttered. "Well, it's worth a try." She shot back, and dove into the ocean. Indigo stared, dumbfounded, after her.

"All right, I think Light's right. Let's go back to the NightWing RainWing camp." Indigo sighed. Stormchaser lifted his wings into the air.

"One thing." Sahara objected. She was standing in the doorway of the hut, so we had to turn to see her.

"Come on, Stormchaser, Shine, and... wait, Light, can you breathe fire?" Light nodded. She turned and entered.

"On one, we melt the ice around her." She said, pointing at the RainWing, who I assumed was Kinkajou.

"Three, two, one!" We all showered her in fire. The ice around her melted, and she yelped.

"Oh my gosh! Thank you! Brrr, that was cold!" She shivered.

Indigo rushed in and tackled her. "Mother!"

"Kinkajou, we're going to the frozen rainforest. Where's Turtle?" Light asked.

"He ran to warn the SeaWings." She shivered again. "I'm coming with you!" I nodded, and we all took off.

A day later, we were there. Light didn't complain. We landed to see the mountain as a giant pile of ice, and saw the dragonets in a circle around someone. That meant my vision was coming true.

"Sunny!" Screamed Light. We all rushed forward, even Stormchaser, who didn't know Sunny.

"What happened?" Asked Indigo, tears streaming down her face.

"She ate this." Glory, the only one who was able to speak, said weakly. She held out a berry. When Indigo saw it, she let out a loud sob.

"It's my fault!" She wailed. "I told her those berries were edible, as a joke!" She collapsed next to the dragonets.

"It isn't your fault, and anyone who tells you it is would be wrong!" That was clearly not what she wanted to hear, because she shoved me away without looking at me. I sat next to my mother. "I loved Sunny." I started to cry. "She was so nice."

"Please don't cry, Darkshine! Bring Light over. We can all be sad together. And something good happened before she died."

I stared at her in confusion.

"Your father's back."