Poisoned Lovers

Chan had snuck into District 8's Council building, slipping down into the dungeons. Just as he was about to go into the secret passageway, he heard someone call out his name quietly.

Chan whipped his head around, frowning.

"What the fuck? Ken?" Chan whispered, a little bit shocked.

"Yeah, it's me. Get your ass over here" Ken snapped.

Chan quickly and quietly paced over to where Ken was, and behind him was a fast asleep Hongbin. He thought they were in the prison, but maybe they had been moved?

"Chan, you have to go warn Leo and Ravi that a battle is heading their way soon. After that, she's gonna try to destroy District 9 again. You have to make sure they're ready" Ken spoke in a hushed whisper.

"First, I'm gonna get you out of here and all three of us can go warn them" Chan huffed.

"No! No, d-don't do that, just go! You have to warn them as soon as possible" Ken stuttered out.

Something in Ken's eyes suggested that something was very wrong.

"Ken...what aren't you telling me?" Chan said.

"....Hongbin and I are as good as dead, Chan. Lisa poisoned us. Hongbin's already close to death, and I'm not too far off" Ken sighed shakily, running a hand through his light brown hair, "please Chan, just go warn them" Ken begged softly.

Chan hesitates, but he nods anyway. He knows Leo would be heartbroken to know that two of his best and closest friends are dying and there's nothing they can do about it...

Or is there?

Chan then realises Youngjae could very well have a cure, as he's a professional healer and knows alot more than those idiot healers there in District 8.

"I know what you're thinking, and there's no point. This poison doesn't have a cure, trust me I've looked it up. It works slowly, it's taken 5 fucking days to get to this point, but it's too late now" Ken sighed.

Chan sighed softly, nodding.

"Lisa's trying to weaken Leo and Ravi. She's an idiot" Chan huffed out a laugh "killing you two will only make them angry. Does she not realise that when Leo and Ravi snap, they truly do snap?"

"She's never even met them, she's only heard about them" Ken rolled his eyes, "I don't think she quite believes those who've warned her, stupid bitch" Ken scoffed.

Chan was silent for a few moments before speaking again.

"I need to go back" Chan whispered.

"Back to District 4?" Ken questioned, but he had a feeling that Chan wasn't going to say that.

"No...back to District 9" Chan sighed, "I know, I need to warn Leo and Ravi as soon as possible, but I need to go back to my Mate. It's been utter hell without him" Chan frowned.

"I understand Chan, but just...make sure Leo and Ravi know if N hasn't already seen it coming" Ken coughed.

Behind Ken, Hongbin's breathing was beginning to get slower, and both Chan and Ken knew that he wasn't going to last much longer. Ken had tears in his eyes, but at least he'd get to die beside his Mate rather than outlive him.

"Tell Leo and Ravi I'm sorry. I tried to fight but I was practically useless. They're smarter than I thought, and they outsmarted us" Ken sniffled.

"Leo and Ravi won't blame you. You two were their family, it's okay" Chan smiled softly.

He was sad, but no tears fell from his eyes.

"Also, tell them I said thank you for taking Hongie and I in back when we were just street rats" Ken chuckled.

"I will, I promise" Chan nodded, stepping away from the cell bars.

Ken nodded gratefully, crawling over to lie next to Hongbin, resting their foreheads against each other. Chan was saddened to see them go, and he wished he could have gotten to them sooner, but he was just a little too late.

So, as Chan turned his back on the two lovers, Hongbin's heart had finally stopped beating. Ken reached up to stroke Hongbin's cold cheek, tears falling rapidly down his own.

"I'll see you in death, my love" Ken whispered, leaning his head up to place a kiss on Hongbin's forehead.

When Ken closed his eyes that evening...

He never woke up

Fuck, my heart. Shit, I'm actually crying WTF, why did I do that!? THIS WAS NOT PLANNED, I DID NOT PLAN IN DOING THIS, IT WROTE ITSELF I FUCKING SWEAR TO YOU IT DID! 😭😭😭😭😭😭