The Beginning

Cakes p.o.v

"Baby, hurry up, your gonna be late on your first day of school!"

My Fionna is going to begin the 3rd grade today. I knew this was going to happen soon, I couldn't keep homeschooling her because, then, how would she explore the world around her?

"I'm coming Cake, just let me grab my bunny hat!"

Oh how that girl likes her bunny hat! But who could blame her? She has been wearing that old thing every since mom found her in the forest. It's been about 9 years, and 8 since mom died.

Sure, its been hard without mom to help, but I manage! Dad sometimes comes over to see us, but he's an old man/dog now. Pretty soon, Fionna and I will be alone.

"Okay Cake, let's go!" Fionna exclaimed, jumping on my back. She wrapped her little arms around my neck, embracing me.

Yet, this little adventurer keeps me going. To see her grow up and smile everyday is enough to keep me happy!

"Okay, hold on!" I exclaimed.

"WEEEE!!" Fionna screamed, practically in my ear.

I went out of the tree house with Fionna still on my back and morphed into a much larger size. Fionna was rambling the entire time on the way to school, so she didn't realize when we arrived.

"We're here already?" she said with a nervousness expression.

"Everything will be okay, baby. Be the adventurer you are and make new friends okay?"

" Cakey. I love you!"

"I love you too, sugar!" I said while wrapping her in a huge bear hug.

I heard a bell ring.

"I have to go now Cake" Fionna told me

"Okay baby, bye!" I yelled as she went into her class.

Blinking back the tears, I noticed some other parents. Although there were a lot, 3 kids stood out to me.

There was a mom on her phone while her son was saying goodbye. He looked like her with his grey skin and fangs. It took me a while, but then I realised that was Miss. Abadeer and her vampire demon son, Marshall. He tried to get ner wttention by tugging her skirt, much to no avail. He eventually gave up and went to the room Fionna was in, with slumped shoulders.

Next was a mom made of fire. Must be the queen of the Fire Kingdom, not many fire people come to Aaa, much less for school.She just dropped of her son who was an orange flame shqped like a boy, and a red gem on his forehead. Hmmm.. he must be the heir to the throne. They didn't seem to exchange any byes or even make eye contact.

Then I saw a little pink boy. He was very sharply dressed with neat hair. No one appeared to be dropping him off. How independent for such a young age! Oh wait, it's Prince Gumball of the Candy Kingdom! I've done many errands for him before, mostly thugs wanting to start up trouble.

Well, it's time for me to go home. I hope my Fionna will make some friends and hopefully not cause any trouble.

~~~ I don't own the cover or any of the characters. The story is mine!~~~~~~