My Sugar's Growing Up

Cakes P.O.V

Oh glob! It feels like it was just yesterday when I sent my little Fionna off for her first day of school, now she's 14,and starting high school today! Oh! I can hear her coming down the steps right now, I think I'm gonna...

"Come on Cake! Don't cry", Fionna pleaded.

"Im sorry baby, I just can't help it! Look at you, you're so grown up!" I pointed to her head to her toes.

"Oh come on Cake! You know I'm still the adventurer you know and love. I haven't changed." she reassured me.

"I know that sugar, I trust you. Its just the others I don't trust."

"What do you mean?"

"Baby, look at yourself! Your so beautiful and talented! I know how high school works and I know that a lot of boys will be barking up you're tree." I explained to her.

"Thanks Cake", she blushed," But I'm a complete tom-boy! All of my friends are guys and they treat me like one too."

"Well, considering that your guy friends are all 15 now, I think that their feelings might change. especially Marshall Lee and Flame Prince" I hinted.

"Oh come on Cake let's be real! You already know Marshall's a big flirt, and Flame is just naturally nice to every one", she explained, "and Gumball is to busy to notice girls like that".

"I trust you Fionna, so don't do anything stupid today, okay?"

"I promise", she said, then hugged me.

We heard a knock on the door.

"Hurry up Fionna we're gonna be late!" yelled Marshall Lee.

"The guys are at the door, I have to go now. Bye Cake!!" Fionna said, heading for the door.

"Bye baby!" I yelled after her.

After she left, I just couldn't help but have this feeling that Fionna was going was going to change somehow. Not in a bad way, but... grow up. Oh Glob! I shouldn't worry so much, what's the worse that can happen?