Back Story

Marshall's P.O.V

When school was over, me and the crew met up at the gate.

"So Gumball, how was you're first day?" I asked with a little sarcasm.

"Yah, Gumball. Tell them about that lucky lady you met today." Flame teases.

Gumball turned bright red.

"What? You've got to be kidding me! Bubba has a crush!" Fionna yelled.

"Come on guys!", Gumball pleaded, "she's just a girl that has similar tastes as me and is highly intelligent."

"She's hot too" Flame added.

Gumball punched him in the chest.

"Okay! Okay! I'm done!" cried Flame.

As we kept walking, we separated. I tried to escape Fionna, but she's to smart for that.

"Nope Mister! You're going to come and tell me why you turned so pale after you saw Miss. IQ today!"

"Miss. IQ? Wow Simone, smooth" I thought out loud.

"Who's Simone?"

"I'll tell you inside." I assured her.

We went inside her house and saw Cake.

"Hi Fionna! Hi Marshall Lee" she said my name without much enthusiasm. The kitty never really liked me.

"We're going to be on the porch, okay Cake?" Fionna told Cake.

"Okay. Remember, I got my eye on you guys."

It's been 9 years, the least she could do is trust me.

Fionna grabbed my arm and pulled me to the porch.

"Tell me" she ordered.

"One time, I used one of your shirts to unclog my toilet" i replied.

"Eww!", she punched me in the arm, " that's not what I want to hear. Whats up between you and Miss. Ice Queen?"

"You want to know the truth?" I asked her.

She nodded.

"Once I tell you, don't go and think I'm some softy, okay?"

"Yes!! Now go on with it!"

"Okay. It all started after the Mushroom War. I was biologically only 5, since you know I'm half demon half vampire. My mom said that I would have to stay above ground while she she went underground to the Nightosphere to find us a place to live. I begged her to let me go with her, but she said it was to dangerous, and that since I was demon/vampire, that I would diffidently survive. Then she drew a smiley face on the ground, threw milk at it, chanted something, then disappeared into the Nightosphere.

"I walked around for days, crying. I felt so alone. I felt so abandoned! Then one day, a nice, pretty lady with pale skin and a crown on her belt came up to me. She handed me a red teddy bear toy with blue buttons for eyes, and told not to cry anymore. She asked if I knew if anyone else was with me. I told her no. Then from that day on, that lady took care of me.

"Her name was Simone Petrikov.

"One day I asked about her crown. She told me that it was a curse, that it had scared off her one true love, Burt. She said that she was going to destroy the crown after that day, but a voice inside her head told her to stop, to keep wearing it. Eventually, she had to keep wearing it, because it was the only thing keeping her alive after the Mushroom War. But, she said she wouldn't wear it around me to not scare me.

"One day we were being chases by evil goo monster things and she said that she had to put the crown on. When she did, she completely changed. Het eyebrows became longer, her skin bluer, and she had this horrible evil laugh. I got so terrified! She froze everything around me, until I threw a rock at her crown, knocking it off. She begged for my forgiveness. I did forgive her, she was only trying to save us after all.

"But it only got worse. She kept hearing the voices, she got more insane by the month until finally, she told me to leave. She said she couldn't handle hurting me anymore, seeing the hurt in my eyes every time she had an episode. She left me a cans of soup and water, blankets, and my bear, Hambo. Her last words to me were "please forgive me for whatever I do when I don't remember you"

"After a couple of weeks, my mom came back. She was in a dress suit and heels, and came running after me, saying how happy she was to see me. She took me to the Nightoshpere and took me to a huge castle. That was my home now.

"One day I went to go see Simone in the Ice Kingdom. She was far too go gone. She referred to herself as the Ice Queen. Her reign of Gunthers kicked me out, and she banished me from her castle. I gave up that day.

"I told myself that I would never trust love again, not in a motherly way or a relationship way. I just, can't."

Wow. I never told anyone this. Not even my mom, like she would care. I don't know what took over me to tell Fionna....

Fionna is silent. More like awestruck.

I wonder what she's thinking about...

~~~I don't own the video, Cartoon Network does.~~~