Chapter 7.2 - Auction Mopping Out Operation (Part 2)

"I'm sorry, Mutsuki.. I know you are injured but as an investigator, I can't let leave this place as it is."

"It's okay Urie, I understand."

When Urie is thinking how to capture those ghouls, suddenly Suzuya appeared. After Black Rabbit retreat, he followed one of those ghouls and ended there but since he dropped his transmitter, he can't contact the others. He asks Urie to contact the other but once more, Urie lies again. He lies that he already tried to contact them but it's out of reach. When they notice the ghouls already secured the way out, Suzuya and Urie don't have any choice but to fight them.

They jump down into the basement and begin attack the ghouls. Mutsuki who still stays above spotted Big Madam and tells them about her location. Urie leaves the participants to Suzuya and targeting Big Madam instead but he was defeated easily by her. Mutsuki follows Urie and found him being eaten by the SS rank ghoul. Suddenly Urie rips Big Madam's mouth and his appearance has changed as he is saying something nonsense. Big Madam get snapped and stabs him several times until Urie can't move anymore. Fortunately, Suzuya squad immediately come to assist them then Mutsuki approaches Urie and sees him crying.

"Why? Even though I'm strong, even though I'm the top of the class, even though I'm giving it all my best.. I hate you, everyone in that house..I just get in Kaneki's way. I hate you all."

While Mutsuki tries to console him, Urie stabs him without his own awareness. Soon, he regains his sense and he shock when he realizes what he has done to his comrade. But then, Mutsuki takes his bikaku kagune for the first time and hugs Urie.

"Urie, you aren't in anyone's way. You've helped me and the others many times, thank you. You're lonely, aren't you? I know it, it's agonizing..it's painful for being alone."

Before Urie lost his consciousness, he smells blood from Mutsuki which not from an injury.

"Mutsuki, you are.."

-Kaneki's group-
When Kaneki almost reach the administrative building, he sees a survivor leaning on a tree. They approach him and he tells them that his name is Hayashimura from Oshiba's squad, he got thrown out from the building and was saved because of the tree. Suddenly Kaneki feels a great killing intent from above then Owl attacks him, at the right time he blocks it with his quinque.

Owl?! Why is he here?! Goddammit!

"Shirazu!! Go with rank 1 Hayashimura!! Leave this place at once!"

"But Kaneki-san, how about you?!"

"JUST LEAVE! NOW!!"

Shirazu was forced to leave his mentor fighting the Owl by himself. Shirazu reports it to Matsuri and he estimates the SS~ rank ghoul, them he decides that Kaneki should deal with Owl by himself.

"Are you kidding me, Washuu?!? Are you abandon him alone?!"

"Rank 3 Shirazu!! Follow associate special class's order! Don't worry, I'm sure he can handle Owl, he is the Black Reaper after all."

Shirazu looks back for once then they heading to Nutcracker. 

-Shirazu, Saiko, and Hayashimura's Team-
After they arrive there Shirazu attacks Nutcracker with his kagune but she notices it. He plans to attack her from above but a kagune pierces his stomach.

What?! She can detach her kagune too?! It means..this room is full of traps. I need to find the other kagune first.

Shirazu tells Hayashimura to buy him some minutes then he focusing on his hearing. He detects six kagunes which implanted inside the wall and he knocks the wall. The kagune reacts and he found out the way to defeat her. He and Hayashimura work together to corner Nutcracker onto the wall and once she is nearby to her own detached kagune, it pierces into her body. Nutcracker's body still hanging up there and Saiko crushes her with her kagune. Once her body fall to the floor, Shirazu stabs her with Hayashimura's quinque.

"This is for my lil sis's sake. I wonder, how much are you worth?"

He hears Nutcracker's painful groaning and she murmurs something.

"I..want some money... I want to be beautiful... Someday.. I want to..be beautiful."

As Nutcracker close her eyes, Shirazu's eyes widened and he let go of the quinque.

"...Stop saying things..like you're a human. ...Dammit!"

-Kaneki's Side-
Kaneki still fighting with the Owl, even he also known as Black Reaper through hard time to deal with him. As they are fighting, both of Black Reaper and Owl get covered with injuries. 

This is bad, I wonder my quinque can handle more than this.

Kaneki keep swinging his sword and several times later he can hear the crack sound from the sword then shortly the quinque breaks into pieces.

"Shit!", curses Kaneki. Before Owl gives his opponent the final blow, kagune which resemble tentacles pierces Owl's stomach. Kaneki turns around and he sees the brown haired ghoul.

"What are you thinking about? Attacking your own comrades, Hina-chan?"

"Owl, I can't let you kill him right now."

"So basically, you're protecting him, right?!"

The two ghouls are fighting meanwhile Kaneki dumbfounds on the side while panting, asking himself for what reason she fights Owl. He looks at brown haired ghoul and he sees a four-leaves flower hairpin on her head.

That ghoul.. She has the same hairpin with the little girl in the picture. So, she is...

Shortly after she was defeated by Owl and right before he kills her, a huge black-crimson crystallized kagune impales him and make a hole in Owl's stomach. Kaneki turns around, looking where it is come from and vaguely he sees a ghoul with similar wings sitting on the top of park lamp pole. Shortly Kaneki hears footsteps and he realizes Owl has gone. In seconds Arima's squad are surrounding Yotsume, Arima approaches her with his sword on his hand but Kaneki tells him that he is the one who cornered her and he asks the right over her. Arima leaves him and tells the other to call medic squad, Kaneki glances to the pole and sees no one there.

...Rabbit..

_____________________________________