Chapter 26 - Two Dragons

Touka dumbfounded when Kaneki barges into her room and blabbering that he will take responsibility of her. She wants to ask him but Kaneki doesn't give her any chance and he keep asking her with questions.

"Touka, how is your back? Is it sore?"

"Hmm, come to think of it. Yes."

"Your hair is really dry."

"I need better shampoo."

"Do you have nausea?"

"Kaneki, what's wrong with you? Yes, I have! Now what?!"

Suddenly Kaneki grabs her shoulder and he says unexpected thing.

"Let's get married, Touka."

Touka spacing out for a bit, trying to figure what he is talking about.

"Uh, what is it about?"

"No need to keep it secret from me anymore, Touka. Nishiki told me that he saw the pregnancy signs on you. I will take responsibility of you and our baby."

"*cough* Baby?! I'm not-!"

"Hmm? Not what?"

Damn, I don't want anyone find out about my secret. If he find out about it, he won't allow me to fight. Nishiki, you're a dead meat. Jeez, what a pain.

"...Do whatever you want."

Hearing her answer, he feels so happy and he kisses her. 

"Touka, please tell me about ghoul type marriage.", whispers Kaneki besides her ear.

"We leave behind proof on each other's bodies. A proof that's strong and won't fade away after we die. Such as...a bite mark."

They stare each others then kissing again, they strip the others's clothes until their shoulder shown up. Touka bites his shoulder first then Kaneki follows her up, they won't let go until the bite marks deep enough.

The news spreading really fast and Tsukiyama takes in charge of their wedding dress. The wedding was hold at that night and everyone including the humans have a happy moment even some of them getting drunk. Kaneki holds his wife's hand and Touka leans at him as she watching everyone's happy face.

...I hope the day where human and ghouls can smile like this can come soon. Yoriko, please wait a bit more.

The days have passed, Touka splits her team into two groups; one to collect food and her group to rescue Yoriko. In the middle of their peaceful days, no one knows that Hazuki, who has been imprisoned has send his location through the tracking device which planted in his tongue.

It's Kaneki turn to take care of ghoul kids and while they are taking stroll, Kaneki hears something from above and he saw oggais. He commands the others to run but it's too late, they make their movement first and attacking the defenseless ghouls. The strong ghouls and his groups assist him but he knows it's too dangerous to the rest of ghouls since they are too weak and some of them are children. Shimizu (Arima) covers him and he commands Kaneki to lead the others to escape way, Kaneki abides his words then he left.

On his way to escape, Kaneki was stopped by the person who was his friend at CCG; it's Juuzou.

"Hi, Ken. I didn't expect that we will meet here. ...As enemy."

"...Juuzou, I don't want to fight you. Please, step aside."

"Sorry, I can't. It's my duty as investigator."

They hold their quinque and they begin their fighting, their speed and power is at the same level so Kaneki knows it won't easy to defeat him. While fighting, Kaneki notices the other members of Juuzou's group are going to attack the ghouls who follows him.

"NO! STOP!!"

But right before they laid their hands of the ghouls, suddenly a kagune sprout out from above and trapped three investigators inside.

"Touka?! Why are you here?!"

"Just bad feeling and I was right. Jeez, everyone gives me a lot of work."

"King, huh? Hanbee, let's use that."

They click the button behind their neck then an armor kagune cover their bodies. Touka stares at the kagune and she realizes that kagune.

"You jerk, I'm not going easy on you."

She turns into kakuja then the sounds of armor and sword clashing, also lightning echoing in underground and it makes the ground shaking. Once Suzuya and Hanbee attack her at the same time, Touka turns her armor into spikes and pierces the quinque. She glances at the breaking armor then she shed tears. Suddenly she heard someone clapping in the middle of investigators, he steps forward and Touka recognizes him.

"BRAVO!! I never thought you can defeat the strongest investigator in CCG now. I guess I underestimate you, King!! Now, how about...you fight my dragon?"

Touka sees four oggais bringing a tube with someone inside then after Kichimura breaks it, Touka immediately recognizes her; it's Kamishiro Rize, the ghoul who supposed to be dead four years ago. Kichimura called Hazuki then the next thing is unexpected; he decapitates his head and offers it to Rize.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, SIR?!?", protest the others but Kichimura ignores them. The blood dripping on Rize's head then she looks up, staring at the decapitated head.

"My dear Rize, now it's time to wake up and eat your foods~."

As she is eating, Rize's kagune growing bigger and bigger then her kagune attacks everyone around her.

Touka rushes to Kaneki then she makes several barriers to protect everyone from it. The ground shaking then the only thing they can see is darkness and they hear people screaming. After for almost half an hour, the ground stop shaking then it became really quiet. Kaneki peeks through the gap and he saw dead bodies everywhere, as if they are in a slaughter house. After he ensures the situation is safe, he turns around to tell the others.

"Everyone! It's already-!", Kaneki stops his sentences when he saw Touka's bloodshot eyes and she is coughing up blood. Kaneki immediately rushes beside her then Touka passes out.

"Touka?! What happened?! Touka?! TOUKA?!"

_____________________________________