Chapter 21 - Great Wheel Arc

Several days later, Touka along with Banjou and Nishiki go somewhere to visit someone. She knocks the door then Owl opens it.

"Wha-! Rabbit?! Why are you-?!"

"Safe it for later. Where's that woman?"

For a moment he stays quiet but then he leads them to Mado Akira's room, she has fever for several days then Touka asks Banjou to transfuse his blood into her. While they are waiting for hours, Owl can't hide his curiosity anymore therefore he asks her why she help them.

"It's simple, I need your help and for that woman ...I can't let her die now. I need to tell her something in person."

Both of them fall into deep silent for hours then Touka checks her condition once again but Akira's condition doesn't get any better.

"Touka-san, this is bad.. If this keep going, she-"

"Will die."

They turn around and see a man with flashy clothes and make up standing on the door.

"...Who are you? (This okama*, where did I meet him before?) And how did you find this place?"

"You forget about me? Fufu~I'm Nico, we met when you help Banjou back then. My captured comrade sent me a sign to help her but I don't like to do that. No need to be hostile, I just want to give you some suggestion to help the lady over there."

At first, Takizawa tries to drive him away from the room but Touka tells him to listen at his suggestion first. Nico gives the first option, to ask a famous doctor who knows about ghoul and human body, his name is Akihiro Kanou. Hearing the first option, Takizawa immediately refuses it, it reminds him when the mad doctor was experimenting with his body. Touka sighs then she asks for the second options, Nico takes out a name card and gives it to her. She looks at the name card; it's Yamamoto Jirou, the member of Great Wheel Act.

Great Wheel Act? If I'm not wrong, it's an organization where human supports ghoul.

"...Alright, thank you."

Nico turns away and waves his hand as he walks out from the room. Touka tells Banjou to monitor Akira's condition then she along with Nishiki return to the cafe.

-At :Re-
Kaneki sits near the counter while reading a book which Touka gave it to him as his birthday present. While he is reading as he waiting for her return, suddenly Tsukiyama enters the room and both of them stare each other in silence.

"...B-Bounjour?", greets Tsukiyama nervously.

Kaneki greets him back with 'Morning' and continues reading his book. But suddenly, he remembers the writing on Shirazu's diary.

(Today I visit :Re again, when I enjoying my coffee there's a handsome customer, he is a bit(?) eccentric and it looks like he is come from rich family. He is acting friendly..but a bit flirty to Touka-san but she doesn't interested.) 

...This guy, I admit he is good looking and his clothes.. *staring at the purple and red clothes* are eccentric. So, Shirazu-kun refers it to him, huh?

Right before Tsukiyama walks out of the room, Kaneki places a bookmark on his book then he tells him to wait. Tsukiyama sweating as Kaneki approaching him with menacing eyes.

"You..do you come here often?"

"Eh? N-No? Only sometimes? Why you-?"

"Oh? Then..what do you think about Touka? Isn't she pretty?"

Oh my God. What's wrong with this guy? Well, Kirishima-san is pretty indeed.

With confident, Tsukiyama nods as his answer.

"I see.. I know, right?", says Kaneki then he grabs Tsukiyama's shoulder tightly till Tsukiyama grimaces and he gives him a creepy smile.

"My late student wrote on his diary that you flirt with her. So, you do like her. Hmm~?"

"W-W-Wait? Flirt? Like? What are-? Ouch ouch ouch!"

 Not long after, Touka and Nishiki enter the cafe and they saw Kaneki is pinning Tsukiyama onto the wall.

"...Oh? So, you swing that way too, Kaneki?"

As he looking at Touka has returned, Kaneki immediately let Tsukiyama go and clings to Touka instead. Tsukiyama flabbergasted then he looks at Nishiki as he pointing his finger to someone known as Black Reaper which makes Nishiki gives him a nod. While Kaneki clinging to her, Touka tells Tsukiyama to come with her somewhere tonight. Tsukiyama say 'yes' then he feels the Black Reaper glaring from behind Touka.

"Touka, I will come with you too."

"Huh? I don't need many per-"

But soon, Kaneki whispers to her ear that he will do that in front of Nishiki and Tsukiyama. Touka immediately allows him to go with them that night meanwhile Nishiki and Tsukiyama keep silence behind them.

On evening, the four of them are waiting under the bridge. All of them wear masks since they afraid it's a trap. Not long after, the two men appear and one of them takes off his mask. He introduces himself as Ogura Hisashi and another man is Yamamoto Jirou from Great Wheel Act. After ensuring they come alone, Touka and the others take off their mask.

"My name is Kirishima Touka but please call me Rabbit or King."

Hearing 'King' from her mouth, suddenly Oogura become excited and he confesses that he is a ghoul lover as he insists to shake her hands but he immediately stops when he sees Kaneki glaring to him. Touka aware this but then she tells them to move to another place.

At small karaoke place, Touka discussed there's someone who need medical treatment and she needs someone who can do operation and they immediately agree. Touka asks why they agree to help them, Oogura tells her that their organization has a principle; we just happened to be born as human, one of their members is a female doctor whose her boyfriend is a ghoul. Hearing it, Nishiki shed tears and Touka stares at him silently. Yamamoto tells Touka that he needs RC suppressor due the kagune cells treatment that the patient has already undergone and she replies that they will gather it.

After the two members of Great Wheel Act had gone, Kaneki pulls Touka out from the room meanwhile Tsukiyama and Nishiki are singing karaoke.

"Hey, I wonder what happened with that Nishio guy? Why did he cry back then?"

"Ah, that's.. The one who Yamamoto talking about is his girlfriend. They had been separated since Anteiku case."

Hmm..so, there are several human and ghoul that fall for each other too. *looks at Touka* Interesting...

_____________________________________