Final Chapter - Ghoul and Human

Looking at Kichimura doesn't move anymore, Touka walks limping to Kaneki while pressing her bleeding stomach. She turned his body and saw wound on his stomach.

"*panting* Kaneki! Kaneki! Please hold on! I will get you out of here!"

She tries to pull him up but she falls because her wound won't heal and she bleeding too much.

*panting* Oh no, it won't heal.

Suddenly Touka hears noises from behind her and she saw Kichimura opened his eyes again.

"...I lose. I never expected to be defeated by you. ...Hey, why do you fight so hard? This world is unfair and full of sadness, isn't it better for us to destroy it?"

"Indeed, it's full of sadness but there's happiness too; the time where I spend my time with my families and my friends. I used to blame this world, but this world isn't wrong. That's why, I want to make it more beautiful."

"...Hahaha, dammit. Then, if I told you I just wanted to have a normal life, would you laugh?"

"No.", after hearing short answer from her, Kichimura closes his eyes. Seeing him finally departed from this world, Touka approaches Rize then she looks at her with sad face.

"Rize, I know you want to live like the others. But I'm sorry, I don't have any choice but to kill you. I hope someday you can live in peaceful."

Right after she killed her, the ground is shaking and flesh walls are crumbling. Touka feels really dizzy due blood loss then she falls to the ground.

...It's dark...so cold. I can't move anymore, my body hurts everywhere. ...Kaneki, I must take him outside. Kaneki...Kaneki.

In the darkness and silence, she suddenly feels someone caressing her cheek gently.

"...Kaneki, is that you?"

"Yeah.", replied him with a low voice.

Hearing her husband's voice, Touka shed her tears.

"I-I'm sorry, it seems I can't go out from here. But at least, you can."

"...No, I won't leave you alone here. Besides, I can't move anymore either."

As Touka tries to reach her husband, she feels something warm on the floor; it's Kaneki's blood.

"I'm really sorry, Kaneki. I'm so-"

She stops as Kaneki seals her lips with his then he wipes her tears.

"On the next life, we will meet again and I will marry you again."

"...Thank you, Kaneki."

Touka smiles as she rests on Kaneki's leaps; noticing his wife has gone first, Kaneki crying then he whispers her name for the last time.

-Outside-

The giant kagune start crumbling, the monsters have stopped moving and V members are completely annihilated. The people cheering for their victory meanwhile Ayato is searching for his sister and her husband everywhere but they can't find them. They keep searching then they meet Arima with the rests of his team members.

"*panting* Hey! Have you guys seen my sister? Or her husband?"

Everyone says 'no' to him then Ayato heading to the other places to find them. Arima stares at the ruins and tears pour down from his eyes.

"It seems you've gone ahead before me, Ken. I want to tell you that I really proud of you, my best student and...my only son."

Days have passed, Ayato still haven't found them yet and he won't give up on them. One day, he sits on pile of ruins while staring at sunset and Hinami sits beside him.

"Fueguchi, I can't find them. No, the truth is...I already know about what happened to them, but still I-."

"...I know, Ayato-kun."

The place becomes really quiet, so Hinami can hear Ayato cries silently beside her. She doesn't say anything but she strokes his back gently.

"Sis said that she loves me. I should say 'I love you too, sis' and hug her but I haven't done things to her yet."

"But I'm sure she aware about your feeling, Ayato-kun. Touka onee-chan, she really loves you. She just wants you to live in the world that she created."

"...She told me to cooperate with Marude to maintain the peace. *inhale* I will fulfill my sis's wishes. So, what are you gonna do?"

"Me? I want to be a teacher. Kaneki-san taught me about literature and I'm interested on it. He is a good man, onee-chan must be happy to have someone like him."

"That man, sometimes I don't like his attitude but my sis really happy with him and he really loves my sis."

From that day, Ayato and his friends helping investigators and formed an organization called 'Tokyo Security Committee'. Not all of ghouls can accept human, so they stop anyone who tried to destroy the peace there. Hinami becomes a teacher and she was assisted by Mado Akira, they establish a small school for ghouls and teach them how to read and write.

Years have passed and step by step, the city begin to recover. Humans and ghouls are live in peace and helping each other. The people now can hang out with their ghoul/human friends without worrying about penalty anymore.

-On TSC's Rooftop-

Ayato spends his lunch time together with Nishiki and Tsukiyama on rooftop. He opens the food's wrap and start to dig in.

Ugh. Disgusting.

"*blargh* Taste like horse shit.", complained Nishiki.

"Nishiki-kun, it's your girlfriend who invented this food. Besides, this is the only thing we can eat for now.", said Tsukiyama as he tries hard to swallow the food.

Nishiki sighs then he takes another bite and shoves it into his mouth. They are enjoying the city view and the blue sky as the breeze gently blowing.

"Ah~ I never thought we can feel peace like this."

"Yes, it's thanks to Kirishima- Ah.", Tsukiyama stops his sentences as Nishiki shoves him. They glance at Ayato, thinking that he will be sad but they are wrong; Ayato looks at them and he is smiling.

"Thanks to my sis, right? It's okay, I'm okay already."

Ayato takes another bite of his food then he is hearing people laughter at below and he saw people smiling.

Sis, the world that you created...it's beautiful. Thank you. And I hope one day, you can be reborn and meet him again.

_____________________________________