Chapter 2 - Quinx

Days later, Kaneki goes out buying some groceries in the morning then at noon he bid farewell and thanks Arima for taking care him all this time. Kaneki rides a taxi to his new house, it's simple and has several room in it. Not long after he hears someone knocks the door and when he opens the door he sees the four person in the profile.

"Ack! That's him!", yells the girl with pigtails hair as she hides behind the guy with eye patch.

"Good afternoon, my name is Urie Kuki. Nice to meet you.", says the purple haired guy with two moles under his left eye.

"Y-Yo! I'm Shirazu Ginshi! Nice to meet ya!", says the orange haired guy with sharp teeth.

"H-Hello, my name is Mutsuki Tooru.", says the brown skinned boy with an eye patch.

"Y-Yonebayashi Saiko..", mumbles the pigtails haired girl, still hiding behind her friend.

Kaneki stares at them for a moment and it makes them a bit uncomfortable.

"I already know about you guys. My name is Kaneki Ken and I will be your mentor. Come in."

They come into the house quietly since Kaneki's cold behavior makes them uncomfortable. He tells them to put their belongings in their own room and they can rest since there's no schedule for them on that day then he shut himself in his room. 

Kaneki reads the reports about ghouls for hours, time flies by and he realizes it's already evening. He pinches his eyes since he reads too long and goes out from his room. He plans to make a cup of coffee but he suddenly stops when he sees the quinckes are gathering at the kitchen with serious expression. They are whispering something but Kaneki can't hear it clearly since they whisper too low.

..What are they planning? So suspicious. Don't tell me, they are going to do surprise attack to me? If that case, I should move first.

Kaneki gets out from behind the wall and it makes the others startled. Before he is going to attack them, Shirazu step forward.

"Ah, Kaneki-san! Do you want to eat pizza?", asks Shirazu.

Pizza? Instantly Kaneki stops then he looks at them with confused expression.

"We are discussing what dinner should we have since no one here can cook here and this guy insists to order pizza.", explains Urie.

Both of them are arguing, Mutsuki tries to calm both of them, and Saiko leans to the counter while whining she is going to die because of hunger. Kaneki sighs then he takes the ingredients out and puts the apron on him. All of them dumbfounded when he begins to cook. The food's fragrant spreading in the room at instant, making their stomach growling. 

After finish Kaneki serves it, everyone stare at the good and delicious-looking foods in front of them and Saiko's mouth is watering. Kaneki sits down first and stares at the others who still dumbfounded.

"What are you guys doing? Sit and eat."

"R-REALLY?! THANK YOU, KANEKI-SAN!!", yells Shirazu.

"Thanks for the food.", say all of them as they begin to eat.

"OH.MY.GOD. THIS IS SO DELICIOUS!! THANK YOU, MAMAN!", yells Saiko.

"Maman?", mumbles Kaneki with cold tone and makes the girl stop chewing her foods.

"A-Ah, sorry. I mean Kaneki-san.. This remind me of my mom."

Kaneki keep eating as he remembering Saiko's background. Her mother turns her into half-human against Saiko's will because of their economy issue.

"...It's okay, call me as you please.", says Kaneki while eating.

Hearing it from him, Saiko's eyes widened and she gives him a bright smile. After they have dinner together the quinckes help Kaneki to clean up; Urie picks the dirty dishes, Shirazu washes, Mutsuki puts the rest of ingredients into it's places, and Saiko cleans the table. Kaneki goes into his room and brings the report papers, he tells the other members to gather in the middle room after they finish tidying.

"Alright, I already read your profile before you come here. Do everyone here already capable to control your kagune?"  

"Um..I can't use my kagune yet.", says Mutsuki.

"I see..then asks the others how to take out your kagune and learn how to use it later. I will make training schedule for you all with me, hand combat training in this house. For three of you.. You will have special training addition with me at the headquarter. You can use your kagune to attack me."

The three of them stares each other signing they hesitate to do that to their mentor but Kaneki realize it.

"Don't worry, I'm the one who ask you to do that. I will explain it to the superior if I get hurt and I will take the responsibility. One more thing, I will cook for you but you need to help me too. Understand?"

All of them nod as they understand their mentor's instruction then Kaneki picks one of the paper which he brought earlier and put it on the table. The quinckes stare the paper and it is about an information about an A rank ghoul called Torso.

"He will be your first mission. Torso-male-estimated A rank, he has torso fetish. I already investigates about the victims, it seems he likes women with scars and according to investigation..he is a taxi driver who resides at first ward. In a month, our team will join with Mado Akira team to pursue this ghoul. Get ready, since I won't going easy on you at training."

The four quinckes in front of him gulp and they give their answer, "Yes sir!"

_____________________________________