Chapter 11 - Rose and Aogiri Tree

The next morning, Shirazu comes to :Re and Touka greets him, he orders a cup of coffee and Touka realizes there's something wrong with him. She asks him what happened to him and he tells her what happen last night.

"I see..you hesitated when you fought and you put your partner in danger. By the way, why you can't use your quinque?", asks her as she pointing his briefcase.

"...I'm being haunted by this ghoul, she said something before I kill her and it taunts me. I..I become ghoul investigator to gain money, it's for my sick little sister. Since I don't have any relatives and my father already gone, we only depend on each other now."

"I see..so you are protecting your loves one. Shirazu-kun, this world is somewhat messed up, right? You take another life to save your precious person. It's...sad."

For a while, Touka remembers her past when she killed Mado Kureo. She dazes out and finally she back to her sense after Shirazu calls her several times.

"A-Ah sorry, I space out a bit. It's not your fault, since you do that for the person you love. ...Well, I'm sure you can protect your beloved ones."

"Alright! I will keep it in my mind. Thanks, Touka-san!"

She smiles and right before she goes upstairs, Shirazu calls her once again.

"Ah, a moment Touka-san.. Can you do me a favor?"

-Quinx House-
Shirazu heading back and everyone try not to laugh when they see his new hairstyle, he almost become bald. Mutsuki asks him what happened to his hair but suddenly he bows down and apologies to everyone for holding them back yesterday.

"It's okay.. By the way, who cut your hair? It's so messy.", asks Kaneki.

"It's Touka- ...Ah!"

Kaneki gives him a creepy smile, he approaches Shirazu and grabs his shoulder tightly.

"TO-U-KA? So, you met her, huh?"

"Ouch ouch ouch! Kaneki-san, you're hurting me!"

While Kaneki keep questioning and him, Saiko whispers to Mutsuki.

"Mu-chan, who is this 'Touka' person?"

"That's sensei's crush.", says Mutsuki bluntly which makes Saiko spits her drinks to Urie's face.

In the afternoon, they have another meeting about the alliance of Rose and Aogiri Tree. Kaneki tells them what happened but they need to clarify whether Aogiri Tree is totally involved or not. So, he proposes the operation masks; all of his students will disguise as ghoul. They having vote and as the results, they agree about it.

After meeting, Kaneki brings his students to a studio masks at 4th ward. They enter the studio then they see the owner full of tattoos and his eyes looks like a ghoul. He greets them and quinckes stop as they see him, ony Kaneki who talks casually to him. After the tattooed man leaves to take some tools for measurement, Kaneki tells them to act normally like him.

"Err..maman-?"

Kaneki stops her before she talks more, shortly the owner returns with some tools and he begins measuring their face. After they finish and exit the shop, Kaneki tells them to go back first and he goes somewhere.

"...What the heck? Just now..he is a ghoul, right?"

-Two Weeks Later-
Shirazu and Saiko investigate 8th ward meanwhile Urie and Mutsuki investigate 6th ward to gather some information. After several hours, all of them gathering on the top of building and meeting their mentor. Shirazu tells him that the 18th is run by triple blades Miza who part of Aogiri's member meanwhile Mutsuki tells him that his team can't get too much information since the ghouls are putting their guards up because of Rose case. Later, Saiko tells Kaneki that she can't get any information about Rabbit. When the ghouls hear 'Rabbit', some of them run away and some of them refuse to talk about her.

While they are talking, suddenly someone jump onto the same building with them. They stare each other for a moment then Kaneki and his students become silence when they see the ghoul with rabbit mask. Kaneki grabs his suitcase but he doesn't know why he won't attack her. Rabbit approaches them slowly then sniff them one by one, suddenly the blood dripping from behind the mask and she immediately leaves them.

"...Wha-wha-WHAT THE F*CK IS THAT?!?"

"I-I-I thought we were going to die!!", yells Saiko as she starts teary.

...I really don't know what Rabbit is thinking about but just now, there's something wrong with her.

After they finish their mission, Kaneki and his team report about their investigation on that night.

-?? Ward-
Kanae panting as he bears his pain and suddenly, a girl wrapped in bandage laughs at him.

"Hello, Kanae~ Poor you, quinckes always get in your way.", says her.

Kanae shocks when she comes out of nowhere, he can't feel her presence at all. He smells her but he finds it strange, half of her is human and another half is ghoul. He attacks her but in a second, he was impaled by unordinary kagune.

"*cough* Y-You!! One Eyed?!?"

One Eyed ghoul smiles vividly as she whispers to him.

"That's right, Kanae. Poor child, you are trying to eliminate quinckes since they a hindrance to your master but you keep failing because you are weak. You need power, Kanae.. If you want it, I will gladly give you a hand."

-Tsukiyama Household-
Tsukiyama heading to the garden and he sees the female servant, Aliza stares blankly. He approaches he and he apologies that Yuma got captured because of him also he promises her that he will do anything to get Yuma back. Hearing it makes her crying but after Tsukiyama leaves her, she afraid of losing Yuma and she can't wait anymore. She searches it through internet and found him was captured at 6th ward.  

She goes out secretly and go there, as she arrives there, she notices Kijima and attacks him alone but he is stronger than her. He easily defeats her and he drags her into his personal warehouse. He binds her on the chair and cover her head with a sack, he tells her if she willing to tell him where she comes from, he will release her friend. After several times considering it, finally she tells him about the Tsukiyama family.

Kijima smiles and he swings his quinque, beheading Aliza's head.

"Oh my, you're such a pure girl! But it's pity..you are too late, I already killed him. Thank you for telling me~ I will tell your master about your purity. Now, shall we begin our war?"

-----

Bonus :

In the midnight after her encounter with quinckes, Touka sneaks into her room but Yomo caught her.

"Touka, where have you been? You know it's dangerous out there now."

"I gone for hunting just now. Don't worry, no one see me."

"...Next time tell me first. Go to sleep now."

"Alright. Good night, Yomo-san."

Touka enters her room then she leans on the door as she covers her mouth to reduce her cough sound from Yomo. 

_____________________________________