Chapter 16 - Plan

-Six Months Later-
Touka together with Hori Chie found Aogiri base whereabouts. Hori takes several pictures of Aogiri's members when they were crossing to the uninhabited island. After then, Touka headed back to the cafe and calls Kaneki to come to the cafe soon. After he shows up, Touka tosses the brown envelope to him and Kaneki reviews those photos.

"Indeed, these guys are Aogiri's members. Good job, as I promised I will give you some information about Yotsume."

Kaneki takes out a voice recorder from his pocket then he plays it.

-----

"Sis? Is that you? I'm glad you're still alive. I..I'm fine here, they give me foods and Kaneki-san brings me a lot of books. I.. *sob* I'm sorry, sis..for disappointed you. Since you took revenge for my mom, I've been wondering alone looking for you and I feel so lonely. Then I met Eto-san and I ended up joining the Aogiri Tree. I..I'm sorry, it's because of me that you've changed. I..I still have many question that I want to ask you, I..I want to see you. I really miss you."

-----

The recorder ended and Kaneki put it in his pocket again.

"She is fine until now, but.. I just get the information that her disposal time has been scheduled this morning."

Yomo and Nishiki glare at him but Touka remains calm.

"Oh. Just for your information, I found out about Eto, she is a novelist and her pen name is Takatsuki Sen. I already arrest her editor and interrogate him but it seems he doesn't know where she is.", says Kaneki as he sips his coffee. 

Right before he leaves the cafe, he tells them that he hopes they won't be his enemy when they meet again. After he disappeared, Yomo asks Touka whether is it okay to tell him about Aogiri's location since Ayato is one of them. Touka believes that her brother will focus to rescue Hinami but she also aware that Kaneki warned them. Even so, Touka doesn't want to fully betray her own kin, therefore she decides to send Nishiki, Tsukiyama, and the others to rescue the ghoul at Rushima's Island.

-6th Ward-
At the same time, Ayato was wandering at 6th ward for several hours and finally he found the ward leader. He jumps down and surprises the whole group.

"A-Ayato-kun?! What do you want?!", asks the leader with beard.

"That's Ayato-sama for you. Don't worry, I come here not to fight. Do you remember Fueguchi Hinami?"

"...The little girl with brown hair at Anteiku? Yeah, I still remember her. What's wrong?"

"She had been captured by doves and her disposal date has been scheduled. Banjou, I need your help."

-CCG Headquarter-
On the meeting at the next morning, Kaneki shows the photos to his superiors, he tells them that he manages to follow one of them and in the end, it lead to Aogiri base. The investigators also manage to identify the members; Eto (S), Tatara (SS~), Shikorae (A~), Hakatori (A+), Shousei & Hooguro (A+), Naki (S), Three Blades Miza (S), Owl (SS+), Rabbit (SS), and Torso (A). They decide to send Matsuri, Yoshitoki, Marude, Hachikawa squad, quinckes, Ui squad, Suzuya squad, and Hoji squad to Rushima Island. Meanwhile Kaneki, Arima squad, Aura Kiyoko, Tanakamaru Mougan, and Haisaki Shinme will protect the cochlea.

After the meeting is over, Kaneki goes out from the room and he sees Urie stands in front of him.

"...Long time not see, Associate Special Class Kaneki."

Kaneki tells Urie to follow him to another quiet place then Kaneki asks about how is quinx squad doing now. Urie tells him that they have three new members; Cing-Li Hsiao, Aura Shisanpei, and Higemaru Touma. Hearing nothing from his ex-mentor, Urie asks him whether Kaneki still care for them or not. Right before he answers him, Nimura Furuta runs toward Kaneki and tells him to watch the television right now. Kaneki tells Urie to be careful and take care everyone else in this incoming operation then he leaves him.

Nimura and Kaneki rush to the office and they watch TV. Kaneki saw the green haired woman who severed his right hand once on it.

"Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming and watching my conference. My name is Takatsuki Sen and I'm.. One Eyed Ghoul.", says her as she shows her one kakugan to public.

The people make ruckus because of her announcement then Kaneki and Furuta rushes to the location and they see Takatsuki Sen stand in front of them, turn herself in. Kaneki arrests her and send her to headquarter. Once she arrives, she requests to meet her editor for the last time. Kaneki fulfill it and bring her to the room where Shiono is, when Shiono is crying and beg her forgiveness when he sees her. She remembers when she met him for the first time then she tells him that she never blames or hate him. Kaneki comes into the room to releases him and once the room become quiet, Eto looks at Kaneki and she's smiling.

"Nice to meet you again, Black Reaper. I see that Rabbit saved you."

"Thanks to her I'm still alive and I'm still have my right hand. Takatsuki Sen..no, Yoshimura Eto. What the hell are you thinking about?"

Eto smiles then she whispers to him that she will tell him once they at cochlea. Before they go to the cochlea, Kaneki inspects her and once they arrive there, Kaneki asks her once again what her purpose for doing this.

"To lure V out, V is a ghoul organization who believing this world belongs to them. My father is former member of it and they were thinking that I'm an obstacle. They already know I have been captured, maybe they will come here to exterminate me soon? By the way, V is cooperating with a certain big organization.", answers her.

"Another organization? What is it? Tell me.", threats Kaneki as he glares at her.

She smiles then she points at Kaneki's CCG badge.

"This. The washuus, your superiors here are cooperating with them. In other words, they are ghouls and you are working under them."

_____________________________________   

-Bonus-
After Touka watched the news about Eto, she leaves to sixth ward to meet it's leader.

"Good evening, Banjou-san. Long time no sees."

"Touka-san?! I'm glad you're safe! Where have you gone all this time?! Hinami-chan is-!!"

"I know, it will be a long time if I tell you what happened. Banjou-san, did my brother come to see you?"

"Eh? Yeah."

"Can you tell me the detail of the operation? Also..please keep this as a secret from my brother."