Chapter 29 - Kimi and Touka's Secret

After Touka changes her clothes, she heads to CCG leader's room then she enters the room after she got the permission.

"Greetings, I'm sorry for not introduce myself properly. My name is Kirishima Touka, a.k.a Rabbit or King. Thank you for cooperating with us."

"Nice to meet you, my name is Marude Itsuki. I heard you were sick, are you alright now?"

"Yes, thank you for your concern and your help. By the way, the city is really disaster. Marude-san, I'm here to ask your permission to observe the situation outside."

"You have my permission, but with one condition. I will assign two investigators to accompany you but I can't assign either Arima or Kaneki since they know you well. So, I will assign two quinx members instead to prevent you...you know."

"I understand, thank you very much."

Touka walks out from the room and she saw one pig-tails haired girl and one guy with two moles under his left eyes. They introduce themselves as Yonebayashi Saiko and Urie Kuki then they go outside of the building. The city was destroyed, almost nothing left then she saw giant kagune from afar.

"Hey, you are Maman's wife, right?", asks Saiko suddenly.

"Maman? You mean Kaneki? Well...yes."

"Where did you meet him? I'm amazed there's someone who can deal with Maman's personality but...maman is kind, right?"

"Yes, he is...kind. Sometimes, he is being a jerk but I fall in love with him. *sigh* This city is really messed up, I like this city tho."

"...Even you, ghoul, were being hunted by us?", asks Urie.

"This city means a lot to me. I was born here, I spent my time with my family here, I went to school, and I really enjoy my time with my human best friend."

"You have human friend?'

"Yes, she is a nice person. She likes to cook and she always make me to eat her food. We (ghouls) can't eat human food, it tastes like sponge and cardboard. I hope one day, I can taste her food. I...really miss her."

"So, where is she?", asks Saiko.

"I don't know."

"What's her name?"

"Her name is-"

Before she said the name, suddenly they saw a news which aired by Washuu Kichimura. There's a lot of monsters behind him who attacking humans and transformed them into ghoul. Touka feels they need to go back to the building immediately but suddenly they were ambushed by those monsters.

Saiko attacks the monsters but then it explodes and it's poison spraying to her. She rubs her eyes and feels something wrong with them. Touka saw a kagune growing through her eyes then Urie take cover of them.

"I will hold them here! Bring Saiko to headquarter now!"

"No! Don't attack them! They are poisonous!"

They were surrounded by the monsters and without thinking too long, Touka kill them all with one swing and when they explode, she covers both Urie and Saiko with her kagune.

"Kirishima-san! Are you-?!"

Nothing happened to her. They use this chance to return to headquarters and they bring her to Kimi. She examined both of Saiko and Urie, Saiko shown ROS symptoms meanwhile Urie is okay. Touka asks Kimi why she was not affected by the poison and it turns out her unidentified organs are poison resistance.

"I see. Nishino-san, please treat her and thank you for treating me."

She silents and only nod as her answer.

"...Nishino-san, can we talk? Just two of us."

They go to an empty room and after ensuring there's no one near them, Touka locks the door.

"Nishino-san, you're hiding something from me, right?"

"Kirishima-san, the truth is...you're-"

"I'm dying, ain't I? My condition is deteriorating. The one who knows my own body is me."

Kimi seems shock since she knows about it, she explains that some of her organs almost stop working also she checks her condition become worsening than before.

"I'm sorry Kirishima-san, I didn't tell you about this immediately. Although you saved me once, I can't help you with my knowledge I have now.", apologies her as she was crying.

Touka hugs her and tells her it's not her fault then she asks her to keep it as a secret between them. She walks out from the room first and she saw Kaneki standing not far from there.

"K-Kaneki? What are you doing here?"

"There you are, Touka, I'm looking for you everywhere. Mutsuki told me there's someone who wants to meet you. I will take you there."

"Thank you."

As they walk, Touka glances her husband quietly.

I'm sorry, Kaneki. I really love you and I don't want saddened you. I'm not lying about having family with you. I wish I can live longer and spend my time with you. I hope you can forgive me.

They heading to guest room and Kaneki tells Touka the guest already waiting inside. Touka enters the room and she saw a woman with hazelnut bob haired cut standing near the window. The woman turns around and Touka's eyes widened when she seeing her; it's Kosaka Yoriko, her best friend.

"Yoriko?"

Without saying anything, Yoriko runs toward Touka and hugs her best friend. She was crying while hugging her and Touka hugs her back as the tears falls into her cheek too. From outside, Kaneki and Takeomi smiling when they saw both of their wives finally meet.

"I didn't expect my wife's best friend is your wife. She really wants your wife to come to our wedding."

"We did, tho."

"Eh?! But we didn't see you anywhere!"

"We were hiding, of course. We were wanted at that time."

"Oh, that's right."

Takeomi laughs and Kaneki gives a faint painful smile as he remembers about what Touka said inside of the room with Kimi.

I'm dying.

_____________________________________