thirty-four.

"So, Zane and I have some news.." I began.

We were currently all gathered in the living room, with David, Liza, Kristen, Scotty, Toddy, Corinna, Jason, Trisha, Joe and Heath.

"You're dating?!" Kristen exclaims.

I smile and look down at my lap, as a sign that Kristen guessed correctly.

"Yay!!! Oh my god, I'm so happy for you guys!!" Kristen says.

Everyone else except David said congratulations or something positive about us.

What is going on with him?

Zane and I stayed for a few hours so that he can have footage for his video in 2 days.

~

"Babe, it's getting pretty late," I say to Zane, who was scrolling on his Instagram.

It was now 10PM and I was exhausted, honestly.

"You're right," He says to me.

"Hey guys, we're gonna head home. We still on lunch for tomorrow, Scott?" Zane said.

"Yeah, does noon sound good?" Scott asks.

"Works for me," Zane answers and we head out to our cars.

We kissed each other goodbye (until we get back to our apartment, obviously) and I got into my car.

Zane drives off, and just as I was about to, David runs outside while calling my name.

I put my car back in park and wait for him, watching him jog over to my car.

"I made a mistake," David says, bending down to my car window and resting his hands on my open window.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Letting you go so easily. Liza and I.. Our relationship was never real. It was all a publicity stunt so that I could get more attention. I guess she ended up catching real feelings, when I didn't feel the same way. I love you, " David says.

"David.." I began to say.

"Please give me another chance." He begs.

"I-I can't. I'm with Zane now, and I really really like him. There are plenty of fish in the sea. What about my friend, Emily? I know you told Heath that you thought she was beautiful," I reply.

"But she isn't you.." David responds, sadly.

"D.. I gotta get home," I say.

"I'm sorry I wasn't good enough." He replied, sternly and leaves to go back inside.

I sighed, watching him walk away.

Why can't he let go? Why can't Alex let go? I'm genuinely so frustrated.

I put my car in drive and drove off, heading back to the apartment.