forty-seven.

Nezza as Riley Mare

It was now the end of the week, meaning we were flying back out to LA tonight

As for the whole Calum Hood situation from a few days ago.. We've been talking since, and it's so crazy to me.

I've been such a huge fan of this band ever since they got discovered, and now I'm friends with one of them?? Wow..

I decided to call Zane. It's lonely being at the house alone and I don't want to do anything while I'm here. 

An update on the house, we sold it back to the realtor and we sold the car as well.

I told Jasmine that we'd save the money we got for college, if she decides to go. If not, she can use it for whatever else.

It's her money now. She spent more time with mom while I was in LA, and I'm financially stable, so I don't need it.

Mom's stuff got shipped out to LA yesterday, and Zane, Heath, Matt, Scotty and Toddy all helped moved everything into the storage unit.

Zane: hey babe, what's up?

Me: I'm bored and I miss you

Zane: Uh, yeah I miss you too, why don't you go do something while you're at home?

Me: Because I don't really enjoy being here, a lot of the time I spent in Minnesota was taken up by drugs, alcohol, and homelessness

Zane: Oh okay, so there's no one that can hang out with you or anything?

Why was he acting so weird?

Me: I honestly don't know, I haven't talked to anyone since I moved

Zane: Oh

Me: Well I'm gonna go

Zane: Okay love you

And he hung up.

I'm kinda scared to know what's going on honestly.

I decide to reach out to a friend from high school and see if she wanted to get coffee and catch up.

We haven't talked in years but we were super close in high school and she was one of the few people that tried to help me get clean.

Shortly after I messaged her, she responded and said she'd be willing to meet up.

Considering it was Minnesota winter, I put on my thick jacket and left the house to a local coffee shop.

I sat and waited for a few minutes before Riley walked in.

"Hey Riley!" I said, as I got up and greeted her with a hug.

"Hey, Maya, it's been a while," She responded and hugged me back. 

She went and ordered her coffee as I waited for my order.

We get our coffees around the same time and sit back at the table I was originally at.

"So, what's up? Why'd you reach out?" Riley asks.

"Well, it's been a while, and I've missed you," I answer.

"Have you?" She asks, with a slight attitude.

"Sorry?" I asked.

"Maya, you've been gone for almost 10 years, haven't reached out until last minute, and I have no idea what your life has consisted of these past near 10 years except for what you post on Instagram, and you expect me to believe you when you say that you've missed me?" She answers.

"I haven't come back to Minnesota because of everything I went through while I was here. I was homeless, on drugs, and had no life ahead of me, so excuse me for wanting to keep myself happy and not back into a state of mind where I was at my worst. My mom just died and that's why I'm in Minnesota right now. Sorry for wasting your time," I replied and stormed out.

This sucks. Riley and I were friends for so long. And yeah, maybe I haven't reached out to her often, but we're adults now, with adult jobs and adult lives. It's hard for me to keep up with people I see everyday, let alone someone I haven't seen in almost 10 years.

I went home and tried my best to keep myself not sad and occupied.