Chapter 33 - Namjoon

- please read with caution -

- (Y/N)'s POV -

I heard a knock on my door. I stood and walked towards it and I opened it, expecting the smiling and flirty Namjoon that I was usually accustomed to. But this time I was in shock as I answered the door to a new person.

And they were one I didn't recognise.

"Who are you?" I asked as I took a step away from the stranger. Without words, he advanced toward me and grabbed hold of my jaw as he attempted to place a cloth over my mouth.

But something snapped within me, and I found myself wanting to fight back. For the first time in a very long while, I had finally found the will to want to fight back. Even if in the back of my mind I knew I was going to loose, I wanted to at least have them say I put up a fight.

I allowed my leg to kick on instinct, delivering him a sharp kick into the groin which gave me the chance to wiggle out of the grip that once held onto my jaw. As I grasped the cloth that he held in his hand I smothered his face with it and watched as his eyelids fluttered shut and he fell to my floor.

I heaved a huge sigh of relief before chuckling and clapping my hands, feeling proud to have fought of the intruder.

Until another pair of hands latched around my neck from behind, and snatched the cloth from my fingertips as they covered my face. Instantly I held my breath and refused to breathe in whatever toxin was embedded in the fabric. I fell limp to try and fool them, and it worked.

But the chemical was smeared around my nose and mouth, and upon taking a small but hesitant breath I felt my eyelids feeling heavy. I saw another man step into the room and pick up the one that I had knocked out before moving over to my window and pushing on the glass, causing it to flip outwards and give them access to a quick escape.

As they jumped from the window, I heard the familiar thundering of heavy paws bounding around the corner. Letting out several deep barks, Buddy flew at my attackers and clenched his jaws on the calf of my kidnapper. I was growing more drowsy by the minute, but as my eyelids closed shut, Buddy's barks faded along with my consciousness.

- Namjoon's POV -

"You're an idiot." I mumbled to the unconscious man while he laid in his bed. A pack of ice was taped to his face to reduce the swelling. I tried to encourage him to not go to Jae-joon's, to stay here tonight, since they were coming back.

In three days this will be all over, and now Taehyung may have compromised the entire plan that was set in place.

I needed him to wake up to tell me what the hell happened, but I made the assumption that if he got bashed this bad they already knew that he was indeed not one of them. The thing that concerned me the most was why he made it back alive.

In truth, most people wouldn't let someone who knew information live, which is why I expected Taehyung to turn up dead. I was glad that he was home safe of course, but at what cost was it going to take before we were all safe?

"Boss," Jimin said as he stepped into the room with his arms crossed, "(Y/N) is waiting. I'll watch Tae for you while you are gone."

I sighed while gently running my hand through Taehyung's hair. He laid there as still as ever with his shallow breaths gently rising through his chest and out of his nose. I stood up from the bed before walking past Jimin and patting his shoulder, "anything happens, come get me immediately."

With a nod from Jimin, I walked out of the bedroom and into the hallway, only to see Jungkook sitting against the wall besides Taehyung's doorway. His arms were wrapped around his legs which were tucked underneath his chin. His eyes were glued to the floor while he sat in his own silence.

Jungkook has been different ever since the incident when the Golden Maknae snapped on Jin. Never before did we have to use tranq darts on Jungkook in one of those situations, but then again the situation hasn't been as bad as it was on that night.

I felt some sort of sympathy for him of course, it mustn't be easy living with a completely different personality underneath his skin.

I crouched down beside him and gently ruffled his hair. Taehyung was one of his most closest family members, next to Jin. He was most probably blaming himself for everything that has happened over the past few days.

"Go in with Jimin and look after Tae ok? You can do that right?" I asked him, due to his fragile state I had to talk to him in the manner you would have to with a child. But I would do it for him.

He looked up to me in a hazy state before nodding slowly and standing to his feet as he shuffled into the room. I let out a sigh before making my way to
(Y/N)'s room. Something inside me was swirling around, making my heart throb as I grew closer and closer to her room.

I gently knocked on her door and watched as the door opened underneath the pressure of my know. My eyebrows furrowed before I opened the door.

"Baby girl?-"

And then everything in me fell apart.

There was a mess across her room, her lamp was flickering on the floor as if it had been knocked over. On the carpet I saw that there was indeed a struggle of some sort, which left a trail to the open window. I let out a hell of anger as tears began streaming down my cheeks.

"BASTARDS!" I shouted as I stormed out of her room and sprinted down the hallway, Hoseok's attention turned to me and he quickly followed in hot pursuit.

I flung open the outside doors and ran around the building looking for that damn dog. Surely he got them, inflicted pain of some sort on them to wound one of them. But as I turned the last corner, I found Buddy laying in the grass with a small bullet hole embedded in the top of his skull.

Hoseok skidded to a halt and took in a sharp breath as he stumbled towards his companion. I listened as he mumbled the loyal dogs name over and over in hope that he would wake up, but no movement came from the figure.

I placed a gentle hand to Hoseok's shoulder and quietly comforted him while he ran his hands along the dogs face. I watched as he lifted up the dogs top lip and retrieved a piece of fabric from between his teeth. Hoseok turned to me with a quivering lip and handed me the fabric he had retrieved while keeping a hand to Buddy's neck.

"At least..he went out doing his job..right?" Hoseok whispered to me quietly while I studied the fabric. I sighed while giving Hoseok a nod.

"When was he ever not loyal to this family..?" I asked him before turning around to see Yoongi standing with a slackened gaze as he watched Hoseok rest his head against the dogs shoulder while crying into his coat.

"Grab the rest of the boys, make sure Taehyung is awake. We hold a ceremony for Buddy's departure," I looked at the fabric in my hand and clenched it tightly in my fist before throwing it down into the dirt as I walked back toward the house,

"..then we get Our Prize back."

((I bloody loved the fictional dog with a burning passion.
Buddy died protecting (Y/N) and was happy to do it because that was just the kind of loyal guard dog he was!

🤧❤️🤧

Let's see where (Y/N) ends up
And what lengths the boys will take to get her back

Hope you enjoyed!
Until next time!

BubblyBangtan | ✌🏻(EDITED)