« | Chapter 19 | »

« K E V A »

"Okay Kathleen, time to go"I said grabbing her converse

"Okay Kathleen, time to go"I said grabbing her converse. She came to me smiling like a normal kid. But it's weird that she don't do this at home. "Come on, dad is waiting on us"

"Mommy I don't want to go home"Kathleen whined.

I narrowed my eyebrows at her. She knew that means. I ain't gone fuss at her though. "Why Kathleen?"I ask.

"Cause I don't want to"she said. She frowned a bit and look at me with her beautiful eyes. I remember when she was a baby and she stared at me with them eyes. Best day of my life.

"Kathleen"I sat down in the booth where we was sitting. "Tell me why you don't want to go home?"I didn't want to pressure her but I need to know.

"It's that pregnant woman"Kathleen said. I knew it. I knew she said something to my daughter.

"What about her? What she do?"I ask her.

"She told me that I'm a nobody and that daddy won't love me anymore and he will only love the new baby"she cried and wipe her eyes. This bitch got me fucked up. This is my daughter she's talking to. Kathleen only 4.

"Okay, why you drew this picture then"I showed her the picture of what she drew. Kathleen looked at it and sniffle.

"She told me if I get in the way, she will kill me"Kathleen said. I didn't say anything. I just stared at my baby girl who had a frown on her face. I wanted to just cry. We let a stranger into our home and now she wants to kill my daughter. For what?

"O-Okay, let's go to the store and then we can go home okay"I said. She nod her head. I put Kathleen shoes on while listening to her talk about school. She love it but I guess with Jade telling her things was scarring her. She's a child. So of course she gone speak up about it and she's worried.

I grab her hand and walk to the car so we can go to the store and make some groceries. I need some more food in my house.

« H O M E »

I walk in the house seeing the tv on. I smelt the scent of spaghetti sauce. "Ouuuu"Kathleen said. She ran to the kitchen leaving me in the living room with some bags.

"Hey Kathleen"that's jade. I rush to the kitchen seeing Kathleen sitting down at the table. "Hey Keva"

"Where's Noah?"I ask.

"He left. His friends threw a party at the strip club and he wanted to go so I told him to have fun"she said.

"Excuse you? That's my husband. He could of came to me and told me that he was going to the strip club"I said.

"Well you was gone"she smiled and fixed Kathleen a plate. It's strange how quickly Kathleen change up. One minute she was scared of jade now she likes her. "Eat up"she smiled at Kathleen.

"Mommy you want some?"Kathleen ask.

"Oh no, there's only enough for me, Noah, and you Kathleen"jade said.

"That's okay, it's probably nasty anyways"