1

"I'm just finishing brushing my teeth mom! I'm about ready!"

My mom wouldn't stop screaming at me to leave. I know it's my first day of Sophomore year at a new high school.. I should be excited. But my mom is forcing me to transfer to the more prestigious school across town. She claims it'll be "better for my education" but really it's because our high school is totally shitty. Ridgeway High is where the rich kids go.

I ran downstairs where my mom basically pushed my out the door to catch the bus. I hate how she forces me to ride the bus. It's so embarrassing when literally every other kid at this school gets dropped off in their parent's Mercedes. She just 'has to get to work on time' is what she tells me to get me to stop complaining about it.

I roll my eyes as I see the bus pull up outside my house.

"Bye mom! Thanks for forcing me to be a loser on the first day!" I say in a sarcastic tone.

She gives me a glare back and waves goodbye.

As the bus pulls up to Ridgeway High I start getting those butterflies in my stomach. I really was here, first day at a whole new High School. Sophomore year, am I really this old?

I put my head down as I climb down the steps of the bus. I don't want anyone to notice me getting off the bus. It was worse than walking to school,  which I was able to do for my old high school. The school was about 2 miles away from my suburban neighborhood. No one else walked to school from my house considering it was still a pretty far walking distance but I refused to let people see me ride the bus. Now I guess I have no choice anymore. Maybe people here are less judgmental about these things?

I was wrong.

A/N: hey new readers!! just an FYI, the few couple chapters are super short, but they get better and longer real quick, so bear with it! thanks for reading ily :)