15

My heart is racing after reading Julia's text. What is her intention? Is she trying to warn me or sabotage this for me? I feel like I should text Maddy and ask what she thinks but I decide against it, I already know what she'd say. Something like "you never know.. maybe she's trying to help" blah blah.

It's been like 10 minutes and I still haven't replied. What would I even say back to that?

Apart of me wants to text Chase and basically out her, but the other part of me wants to hear what she has to say. I mean, I'll probably be able to tell if what she says is bullshit.

I text her back

Ok im listening

Text is sent, and my paranoia is rising. I probably look crazy sitting here in silence with my eyes glued to my phone. 

After what felt like an eternity my phone buzzes with Julia's reply. 

Let's talk over coffee, meet at Starbucks?

Rn?

Yes, see u in 15!

Kk

Well it looks like I'm headed to Starbucks. 

I can't help but wonder if Chase would be ok with this, but who am I kidding, of course he'd be pissed if he knew. I just HAVE to know her intentions considering a bitch can't read them!

As my mom drives me to Starbucks thinking I have a group assignment to get done, the constant thoughts are driving me insane. We arrive and she waits until she sees my 'group partner' before she leaves me alone. I point out Julia sitting at the window table to get the ok to get out of the car. 

"That's your group partner! My, is she pretty! Have fun but get your work done!"

I can't help but roll my eyes at her comment. I thank her for the ride and make my way into the coffee shop. 

I approach Julia and awkwardly take a seat across the table from her.

She gives me a warm smile. 

"Glad you met me! I figured you would've thought I was crazy texting you like that" She laughs

Once again, her words are puzzling the fuck outta me. 

I decide to play nice, the same as she's doing.

"No you're good! Chase mentioned you before, so why not meet up?" I smile back, hoping my fakeness isn't shining through. 

"Ha- I'm sure he's brought you to his house before, I hope the picture of us isn't still with all his pics" 

Was that a smirk? I try to play it off, although I can't tell if she really just took a dig at me or she's just an airhead.

"Not sure! We're always kinda busy when I'm over there" I say as nicely as possible although I know I just put her in her place. 

She slightly frowns at my response, so I know it worked. 

"Anyway I just wanted to give you a little heads up on things since I know you're totally new to all this."

"Yeah that'd be nice"

"Ok so I'm not trying to warn you about him or scare you off, it's just I don't really want you to be completely lost in all of it. Like I know Chase is a lot to handle, that's why I broke things off with him."

No fucking way. SHE broke up with him? Ok that's the tea.

I keep my replies short and intrigued in order to keep her talking.