13

My phone alarm is blaring at its highest volume until I finally reach for it praying it's only my first alarm and that I have more time to sleep.

7:04 AM

My eyes shoot wide open- no, no, no, this is NOT happening. I'm late as FUCK! My first period starts at 7:30, and I already missed the bus. I scramble to the bathroom and somehow manage to brush both my hair and teeth at the same time. It's only the second week of school, I can't already be late.

As I pull on whatever I can find, which happens to be sweats and an oversized hoodie I yell for my mom downstairs praying she hasn't left for work yet. I'm brushing on a little mascara quickly as I run down the stairs to find no mom. Just my fucking luck.

I have only one other option at this point, so I call Chase. I haven't seen or talked to him all weekend, so I'm hoping for a good mood on this great fucking Monday.

"Pick up, pick up, pick up!!" I yell to myself

"Hey babes, where are you? I want to walk to class with you."

Shit, I forgot my first period is with Chase. I really can never be late huh.
I smile to myself at his response though, he's being sweet now, so I'll just continue to pray that he keeps that same attitude when I tell him I'm late.

"Ummm... so I'm not exactly at school..yet."

"Oh so your on your way?"

"Not exactly. Ok ok,  I WOKE UP LATE AS FUCK AND I NEED YOU TO PICK ME UP PLEASE" Shit I panicked.

"Calm down Sami, I'll come get you. And we'll have a chat about your language when I get to you."

"Ok yes I'm sorry, please hurry!"

"You'll be sorry, but yes I'm coming"

Great. "Mr. Starting Varsity" is coming to save me.

Somehow Chase makes it here in record time and I rush out to his Jeep to meet him.

"Why the hell are you late missy?"

I want to roll my eyes but I've learned better.

"I don't know.. I didn't wake up to my first alarm and my mom must have left for work early today" I respond with my head down, knowing he's gonna turn this into some lecture per usual.

I look to see Chase thinking about my response, I mean his face doesn't look too irritated, so that's good I guess.

He finally begins to reply to my excuse.

"From now on I'm picking you up every morning- 7am SHARP. You won't sleep through your alarms anymore, cause if you do I'll be waking you up with a sharp slap on your ass." He smirks.

I shudder at imagining waking up to my ass getting beat. Sounds purely pleasant.

"If that's your threat....then you win." I laugh, he's right, no way am I sleeping in if that's the consequence.

After a few minutes of driving Chase looks over to me, and looks me up and down. I'm about to question him until I realize why. I'm wearing all sweats and pretty much look like shit. I think to myself, isn't that a rule? Dress respectful or something. Well at least I know it if he asks.

Surprisingly he lets it go. I guess he can tell how frazzled I am from almost missing class.

After a few minutes we pull into the student lot. This'll be our first week of school 'officially together' if he even considers it that. Now that I think about it.. what even are we? Is he considered my boyfriend? I figure he'll bring it up soon so I let it slip my mind for now.
Miraculously, we make it to school in time. If my mom found out I was late on my second week of school I would be dead by now.

As we get to the big red doors to the front entrance, Chase reaches for my hand and we walk through the halls with our hands interlocked. Ok, so maybe we are boyfriend/girlfriend. I smile to myself at this thought.
Chase's touch feels so good. It makes me wish we were cuddling on his bed like before.
I can feel eyes starring at us but honestly it feels good. Like YES I'm that bitch holding hands with Mr. Starting Varsity, and YES it feels great.

We walk into math with his arm over my shoulders. As I'm waiting for Chase to guide us to where we're gonna sit, his friends yell to him from the other side of the room.
Chase releases his arm from me and rushes over to greet his friends with some weird ass handshake as they begin talking obnoxiously loud about the parties they attended over the weekend.

Seriously? I wait for Chase to come back over to me but after a few moments of awkwardly waiting I decide to just sit in one of the front seats knowing he sits around this area too.
The bell rings and Chase finally notices my presence again.

He shuffles back to me but instead of sitting he stands before me.

"Um.. Sami, what are you doing?"

Huh?

"What do you mean?" I say with a confused laugh.

"Remember what I told you? The front is for us. Get to the back."

My mouth slightly opens. He's not serious. Is he?

"Seriously?"

I can feel his friends watching us. This situation is too familiar.
"Don't make me tell you again. Go." He says through gritted teeth.

I don't make eye contact and immediately move. I can feel my eyes fighting the urge to cry, but I'm not letting that happen. He's not making me cry, again.

I sit in the back of the room, staring at the back of his head wishing I had a brick to throw at it.

How could Chase humiliate me the exact same way as he did before? Does he not think of us the same way I do? Just as I thought I was understanding this stupid place better it gets worse again.

It's like my thoughts can only be glued to Chase during school. He was talking about this weekends parties with his friends, how come he didn't bring me with him? I guess I really don't get shit about this place, I thought we were..like, dating?

I sit through the remainder of class wishing I could just read his mind. Why doesn't he want me to sit with him?

Without learning a single damn thing in this class the bell rings, and you know I'm the first bitch to leave the room. I'm on a mission to get to my next class without having to talk to Chase. I need a break because apparently the weekend wasn't long enough.

I reach my second period and force myself into paying attention. I make a promise to myself to forget about him for the rest of the day.

Well that promise is broken. My phone buzzes in my pocket and it's text from Chase.

We need to talk.

My heart races, that's pretty much the worst text you can get from pretty much anyone.
I decide to fight fire with fire. I'm not letting him think he has all the control.

K.

That'll show him.

———————————————————————
Hey everyone! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while and that this chapter isn't very good :( I'm getting 'writers block'! If you guys have any ideas please comment or message me! I want you all to enjoy the book as much as possible. Thank you for your comments, I promise I'll start updating more often! Ily!!