6

I tried so hard to focus on the lecture in biology. My mind wouldn't stop making up possible scenarios of what lunch will look like if I meet with Chase.

Let's see; he's popular, so he'll probably be with a big group which would add more unwanted attention, he's an athlete, so he can easily overpower me, and his last girlfriend was Julia. I've decided, this is a lose-lose situation.

I'll hide in the bathroom during lunch, or I could stay after class and talk with the teacher, trying to wait out lunch? Fuck this is too much.

I stay eyeing the bell again for the second time today. I only have one more class before lunch, and I still don't have a game plan. Think Sami, ugh.

Biology ends faster than I wished, considering I still don't know what to do.

I find my next class with ease, Room 206; Ms. Barker's English class. As I walk in my heart drops.

Julia.

No no no, this isn't happening. I avoid eye contact and shuffle my way to whichever desk is furthest away possible. Wait, why am I so worried? It's not like she knows about my encounter with Chase.. right?

I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I see it's Maddy.

Hey girl. Don't freak out or anything but Chase is fully expecting u at lunch.

I shudder from her message and reply.

Duuude what do I do? & SOS Julia is in this class! Do you think she knows?

Tbh probably, I mean, Chase posted on his snap story 'new year new brat' but it's not like she knows who...yet lol.

Omg. Meet me after class?

Kk. Stop worrying

If I could rate that conversation it would be a negative 47. What does Chase even mean by that? Well I kind know... I think? Julia has definitely seen it but she probably doesn't know it's me. Yet. Maybe she won't care.. I hope.

I end up actually focusing on the lecture and in a way I'm already excited for the first essay. I've always loved English. Before I even realize, the bell rings and the clusters of students flow out of the room.

I slowly pack my things and drag myself out of the room.

Shit. I still haven't figured out what to do about this.

Thankfully Maddy finds me moping by the east wing of the building.

"Sami! Did you decide if you'll meet him? You kinda have only the next 10 minutes to figure it out."

I groan. Geez thanks for reminding me.

"No, I've stressing all day. Any advice?"

"Girl, you already know what I'm going to say."

I roll eyes at her. She's going to say once again, that I should meet with him and figure out his intentions. I mean I would, if he wasn't so fucking intimidating and aggressive as before.

"Maddy please, I'm new to this shit, remember?" I say to her, half sincere and half sarcastic.

She laughs at my response.
"Yes I remember, okay we don't have much time but I'll go a little more into detail about what this could be about, and we can list the pros and cons of going."

I'm so thankful for this response. Finally so USEFUL information from the girl. She continues talking.

"Ok like you know, our school carries the Dom/Submissive relationship style. In retrospect, all girls must be respectful and submissive to the guys, especially their doms. The doms pick you, and if you don't comply; your outcasted immediately. The way the relationships usually work is up to the doms. Every dom is different with their rules or whatever. When your picked, you're trained to be a perfect sub. And once you go through the process.. you pretty much gain status. You become part of the in crowd. Doesn't seem so bad, right? I haven't been picked yet, but I don't know it seems kind of exciting!"

"You really want me to try, huh?" And she nods her head in return.

I'm still in awe, and confused but I think I'm starting to understand. The thoughts of this possible outcome are coming together;  you gain popularity, and get a boyfriend? I wouldn't have trouble making new friends then. But then I become submissive. And I still don't get that concept. All I know is my experience so far, and it has been shit. And kinda scary.

"Okay, I give in. I'll talk to Chase at lunch."

"Yes!! Ok, we need to hurry to the lunchroom, let's start walking."

I nod back and we head to our destination. My heart is pounding from nervousness. I'll have to face him again.

She opens the big red doors for me to go through and points to where Chase sits. I gulp, considering that table is filled with a huge group of people.

I focus on the area eyeing out which large boy is Chase. I spot the boys from math and soon enough I catch a glimpse of the tall, brown haired boy. There he is.

I look back at Maddy.
"Go on, you got this. Don't be nervous." She smiles reassuringly even though she can't imagine my stress levels.
"Don't worry, you have my number if you need anything." She beams a big smile and turns the other way.

I shiver then start approaching the large table.