Special Chapter: Missing

Sofia Reena Marquez' Point of View:

Seeing my bestfriend, Cailee, marrying the man she loves makes me really happy. I'm really so happy, so happy that tears are spurting from the corners of my eyes. In a year or two, Kevin and Cailee will have their kids. I can't wait to see a little Cailee or maybe a little Kevin.

"Calling all the single ladies out there! It's time for the bride to toss the bouquet. Let's see who's going to hear the wedding bells next!"The emcee announced. Aria dragged me with her.

"Yey. Catch it, Eia!"She whispered to me and then squealed.

"You should."I said, smirking.

"You're so unbecoming!"She murmured, pouting. "Dati ang ingay-ingay mo."

"Ayaw mo bang magmature ako?"Tumatawang tanong ko sa kanya.

"Nakakapanibago kasi. Haha. Nasanay akong maingay ka."

Tinawanan ko nalang siya dahil naka-posisyon na si Cailee sa platform para i-toss ang bouquet. I was astounded seeing the ladies not giving effort to catch it, as if it was only me and Aria. My heart was pounding on my ears. My feet froze; I didn't move even when the flower's about to hit my face. Gratefully, Aria caught it before it could land on my face. The same thing happened when the garter was tossed, nobody tried until André was forced to catch it.

Traditionally, the man who has the garter should take it from the lady's leg. People were cheering except me because I know that something is going on. Maybe, I was just so curious. While Aria is seated down, André went on his knees to take the garter down from her legs using only his mouth. I saw my bestfriend giggle as well as the crowd. Proudly, after taking the garter off her legs, André smirked. He just waited for Aria to stand and when she did, he knelt down again. People were gasping, clasping their hands to their mouth in excitement and surprise.

"Riri, I know you always wanted me to do this and I always said it's no longer necessary. I only said that to annoy you."Andre said, making the crowd laugh. "But you just don't know, love, how excited I was to do this. Kung hindi lang kailangang mauna ni Ivee, two years na sana tayong kasal ngayon. Arianne Jade Fuentebella, make me the luckiest man alive." Aria was crying. Definitely, of so much happiness. "Be my wife. Will you marry me?"

When Aria said her sweet yes, tears began falling from my eyes for no reason. I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm happy for her but at the same time, I felt so sad.

While people are dancing to the music, I stayed at the table staring at the void until Aria and Cailee approached me.

"Babe? Are you okay?"Cailee asked thoughtfully. "You looked... unwell?"

"No-no. Cai, I'm fine. I'm actually just so overwhelmed! Here you are, Mrs. Chen and here's future-Mrs-Monteverde. Congratulations to the both of you. I'm really so happy."

Niyakap nila akong dalawa; umiiyak narin sila. Suddenly,
I felt guilty for being weird. The three of us danced the night until their men took them from me.

"Ms. Reena, I think we should go."Seve, my personal body guard, approached me when I was still on the dance floor with some drunk guests.

"I don't want to go home yet."

"Reena, you're drunk."He said, more like a declaration. He also took the glass of wine from my hand. "Let's go."

"No!"Pagmamatigas ko. At dahil do'n, hinila na niya ako papunta sa car parking ng resort. "You are soooo fired, Severiano!"I exclaimed in annoyance.

"Tss. Shut up and sleep."He ordered while buckling me my seatbelt.

Hinatid niya ako hanggang sa kwarto. Buti nalang talaga at tulog na sina daddy nang makarating kami. Sumbongero pa naman 'tong Severiano na 'to. Tss.

"Isn't it unfair?"I murmured out of my head when I was seating on the side of the bed.

Seve, on the other hand, was walking towards the doorway to exit my room. But I felt him stopping so I looked back to check him. He did stop.

"What's unfair?"

"Didn't you see? My bestfriends were so happy and I felt so lonely."Lumuluhang sambit ko. I looked away to avoid his judging eyes.

"Aren't you happy? I thought you were happy for them." He asked, sarcasm is heard in his tone. "You told your friends that you are."

"Yes. I am happy for them."I replied. "But I'm not happy with what's going on with myself. Feeling ko, may kulang. Hindi ko alam kung ano. Okay naman ako kahapon. Bigla ko nalang naramdaman 'to. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang nangyayari sa'kin."I ranted dramatically, tears incessantly falling from my eyes.

"Reena, you know exactly what's missing."

"I don't!"I yelped, annoyed.

"Tsk. Well, I know."

"Really?"I asked sarcastically. I even stood up to face him. "Tell me Seve, what's missing in my life?"

Ngumisi siya na ikinainis ko. I really hate his guts everytime he does that. He's a smug. Pffff! After a few seconds of just staring at him, I realized what's wrong with me, what's missing that makes me feel so lonely. Cailee has settled down and Aria will soon do as well. Nag-aasawa na silang lahat pero ako na pinakamalandi sa kanila no'ng araw, wala pa ring boyfriend. Gosh. Alam kong hindi lalaki ang kukumpleto ng buhay ko pero naiinggit pala ako sa mga kaibigan ko.

"Did you find the answer?"He asked smugly.

"N-no."I lied and sat back down on the bed.

"You know exactly what's missing, Reena."Pag-uulit niyang nagpairap sa'kin. Ang epal.

"Ako."He added making me glance back at him.

Seve smirked.

"Go to sleep. You'll forget about this tomorrow."He said and walked out of the door.

🍃🌸🌿🌼🌼🍃🌸🌿

I planned on making another book series: Love Series. The second book will either be of Sofia or Arianne. So comment kayo kung gusto niyong matuloy. 😂

Nagdadalawang isip pa kasi ako. I need a second thought.