Chapter 50

"-ma, Emma!" I suddenly heard my mother shout snapping me put of my daze and making me turn to her confused.

"It's time to go now... but if you're not feeling up-"

"No i'm fine" I said getting up from the couch and brushing off the creases in my black dress

"Honey, no one would blame you if you stayed behind. Even Asher-" mom started to point out while I only shook my head.

"Asher is Asher, he can stay back but I can't... this is my responsibility" I said before picking up my jacket and heading for the front door with mom following close behind

"Where's Scarlett and dad?"

"Your father wanted to help out, so he left early and took Scarlett with him to try and distract her" mom announced, and I nodded in understanding before opening the front door letting in a strong gust of freezing wind.

"Are you ready Emma?" Cora asked while Leo opened the door to the black limousine that was waiting for us.

"Yes, let get there before they start the service" I said as I carefully made my way into the limo doing my best not to slip on any of the snow.

Once we got into the car, Leo signaled the driver and we were soon on our way to meet everyone else at the funeral home. For a while everyone in the limo was silent without anything to say till Cora spoke up.

"... you look beautiful today Emma" she said trying to be encouraging and I did my best to smile in return.

"Thanks, you look great too"

"Only when you don't compare her to me" Leo declared brushing off imaginary dust from his suit.

"Please, you look like a child who's going to his first Bar Mitzi" Cora said with a smirk on her face while mom chuckled a bit.

"Better than looking like a little girl who dressed herself for the first time" Leo shot back, this time getting everyone in the limo to chuckle before we once again entered a small silence.

"...damn I miss him" Leo said shaking his head disappointed

"We all do" Cora said making us all nod our heads in agreement

"...you know Ross tried to plan a rebellion against Asher" Leo declared getting everyone's attention

"What?" we all asked not sure if we heard him right

"It's was back before Celsius was official made. When Asher had everyone waiting downstairs while he was in the alphas office relaxing"

"Oh, I remember hearing something about a rebellion back then. Ross was the one who started that?" Cora asked shocked while Leo nodded

"Yeah, he wasn't fully loyal to the old alpha, but he didn't like the idea that some random guy was just going to take over, like some kind of permanent substitute teacher"

"When did he stop thinking that way?" I asked curious

"He never stopped" Leo announced confusing me

"After the old alpha was kicked out and Ross saw what kind of guy Asher was, he calmed down a bit and decided to watch over Asher instead. And after him and George got their positions what was a rebellion just kinda turned into a promise they had with the rest of us. If Asher is ever to do anything wrong by the pack, we were the ones who'll make sure to knock his ass back on track" Leo announced

"I didn't know him for long, but that does sound like something Leo would say" mom said chuckling while I only turned my head to the window watching as all the snow-covered tress passed by.