*weak*

*flashback*

   Veronica has been tortured everyday by Jughead and his goons since kindergarten. It didn't even end with the cussing and yelling and bullying. Ever since the first day, they've verbally and physically abused her. Veronica has been kicked, bruised, beaten, slapped, and even punched. She's got a broken ribcage, dislocated shoulder, and a fractured ankle from Jughead's wrath.

Although Jughead thought he was making her weaker, little by little she grew stronger with every punch, kick, slap, and bruise. The day when Veronica's ribcage broke and her shoulder was dislocated, was also the day she found out about her parents. She walked home holding her abdomen with one hand and her shoulder with the other, hoping her parents would care or even notice her, and her pain when she got home. But instead, she found a note taped to the kitchen counter.

Veronica,
We are so sorry to have left you like this, but we must run before everything gets much worse. You have grown up so much and we hope to see you again one day. I wish we could've said goodbye, but I think it's better this way. If we're being honest, we both know me and your father aren't the best parents anyway. You will be now signed to legally live with your abuelita. Also, the Pembroke is no longer your home, for we have sold it to a local businessman. You and your grandma now live in a trailer in the south side. Hope you have a wonderful life. I know you will grow up to do great things. My beautiful daughter, I pray for you to have the most amazing life, and I hope it's better without me and your dad in it. If I see you again, I will be thrilled. But if I don't, please remember I will always love you. I will never forget you mi amor.
Love,
Mommy

Veronica just wished they knew how horrible her life would become without them. She hoped they would come back one day. Well, at the time she did. Now she despises them. But that day she came home, she had to try and heal herself. She moved her body, cracked her bones, and put herself through so much pain.

Later that day, her abuelita came over and found Veronica crying. Her grandma thought it was because of the note, but it wasn't. It partly was, but she always knew they would leave her sooner or later. They had always claimed to have loved her, but never seemed to give a fuck about her. The real reason she was crying though, was because she had just tried to fix her broken ribcage and popped her dislocated shoulder back into place. Her grandma quickly rushed to her and held her. It was the first time she had been held in... forever, but now was not the time.

   The next day, people came into the Pembroke and took all of their belongings out. Apparently her parents didn't just sell the Pembroke, they sold everything in it, including some of the few things Veronica had left. Then, the new family came in. There was a raven haired boy, a red headed boy, and a brunette young girl. When she realized it was Archie and Jughead, she backed up a few steps into Jughead. Her grandma had just gone upstairs to get Veronica's clothes, only to find out she had none. Meanwhile, Veronica was utterly terrified. Now there weren't any teachers or students around. How far will they go? They came in, and their parents followed behind them. There was an older man wearing a shirt that read, Andrews Construction. The woman had dark black hair and was standing proudly by the man. Overhearing a conversation, Veronica found out, the man was Fred Andrews and was only Archie's dad. The woman was Jughead and the small girl's mom, and her name was Gladys. Jughead saw Veronica had her arm around her ribs, and their eyes met. Although Veronica was terrified, she tried to act brave. Jughead saw the fear in her eyes and smirked at her with a wink.

   They arrived at their trailer and got settled in. Well, as much as they could. It was quite small, but Veronica was extremely grateful.

   After years of living in the trailer, Veronica grew to love it. At first she hadn't known that Toni and Cheryl also lived in a trailer. Not only that, but when she grew older, she was allowed to walk to them whenever she wanted. They would also walk around the south side and dream about the day they would all join the serpents together. Toni's grandpa even told them stories about the serpents, the history, and most important to Veronica, all about the leaders and what it takes to become one. Veronica listened to everything. Even when Toni and Cheryl were goofing off, Veronica stayed alert and remembered every word of advice. "Do  you think I'll ever be able to become leader?" Veronica asked the old man. "Oh dear, you don't have to worry about that. I'm sure Fp will love you," he smiled. Veronica returned it, and they conversed.