regret- the bottomless pit

What is this.

   It wasn't a question. It was an angered statement.

   Jughead looked toward the man Damon had compelled to play piano. The man nodded slightly and began to hit soft notes after soft notes. Jughead swallowed hard hoping this wouldn't backfire.

    If it did, he had no idea what he was going to do.

   His hands fell around the microphone, slowly grazing it at first.

   Veronica felt her heart beating furiously against her chest.

   Jughead could hear it.

   And just as one significant note fell to the ground, so did Jugheads voice.

I always knew there was something different about you
and the way that you smile

   Jugheads voice boomed throughout the bar. And all those who had been looking away, were now paying attention to the boy with the surprisingly beautiful voice.

Your happiness is my oxygen
but you haven't been happy in a while

   The boy raised his hand to his head and slid the beanie off of it carefully. He never sang. It reminded him too much of being human. Something he could never get back.

   But Veronica made him feel human.

   She made him feel safe.

   So he took his beanie off, adding to the meaning he hoped to clearly display.

Despite my selfish ways
i only wanted you to be okay
i can't stand to see tears in your eyes

   Veronica felt as if she should do something. Do I go up there?, she thought with heavy breathing. What is he doing? What am I supposed to do?

   Jughead was putting everything he had into this song, just like when he had wrote it. He wanted this to be special— he wanted this to be good enough for Veronica Cecilia Lodge.

and even thought it hurts
I know I deserve the worst
I make things seem how they aren't and I don't know why

   A part of Veronica was tempted to look away, to not fall into the deep pit of darkness that is Jughead Jones.

   But the sound of his voice flowed through the bar like a summer breeze, light, cool, and refreshing.

   Veronica was touched.

   His voice astonished her is ways she never thought possible. She had never once thought a voice could be such as sweet and gorgeous as his— his voice.

   So she listened.

I

He drew out the word, hitting notes that made veronicas heart instinctively pound harder. Being able to hear that gave him more spiritual momentum to keep on going.

wish i had told you how beautiful you truly are
i wish I had helped you through everything
i wish i healed your scars