1.8

1.8
[jaemin]

i don't want his stupid hand on me. not when he's holding hers. he can't have both, he needs to choose one.

i slowly push his hand off me with a pained expression. i don't want it there, but now my thigh is cold.

i look at jeno. the boy is biting his lip and blinks a few times before starting a conversation with his girlfriend. he really laid a hand on my thigh while holding his girlfriends hand.

i roll my eyes. he's unbelievable, does he think this is some sort of game? playing with feelings like that?

does he realize what he's doing, or is everything going automatically? if that's it, i should choose another best friend who is not stupid.

i look around. who can be my new best friend? 'fuck!' i stand up. i promised renjun to sit with us at lunch. i feel my friends looking at me as i smile awkwardly.

'i have to introduce you to someone, i'll be right back!' i say. i walk away from the lunch table and grab my phone.

messaging:
injun ☀️

me:
renjun where are youuuu?

injun☀️:
i'm @ the rooftop, why?

me:
i promised you to join me at lunch

i'm coming to, don't move

injun☀️:
i can come to you, that way you don't have to walk up those stairs..

me:
too late

jfc, how do you do this everyday?

injun☀️:
i got used to it i guess?

me:
ok, i'm here

i push the door open and gasp. 'hi,' a soft voice says. i look up to see a smiling renjun. i smile at him, not being able to say anything.

renjun sighs. 'the stairs aren't even that tiring, you're just a drama queen,' he says. i shake my head and point at the stairs. 'i hate stairs, i'm not walking them anymore.'

renjun giggles. 'where am i supposed to sit with lunch then?' he says while walking down the stairs. i take a deep breath before following him.

'if you didn't notice, i don't have friends,' he continues. i grimace, i forgot that. 'how come?' i asks. renjun shrugs. 'i don't know actually, i never really bothered talking to someone,' he answers. 'renjun the lonely boy who draws moomin on the roof.' renjun laughs and nods.

'i'm from china, so i was too scared to really talk to anyone. my korean is perfectly fine, but i didn't know that the first time.' i look at renjun.

he's cute and really kind, i don't get how no one wants to talk to him.

'why'd you move?' i ask. renjun looks at me and gives me a little smile. 'my parents divorced, dad didn't want to stay in china anymore and he found a job here, so we moved together,' he answers.

'it's okay though, i don't really miss my mom!' he says rapidly when he sees my worried expression. 'but you had to leave all your friends behind!' i say and pout.

renjun's face darkens. 'i still have contact with them, don't worry, we Skype every moment possible.' i raise my eyebrows. 'then why do you look so sad?'

renjun puffs his cheeks. 'uhm, my boyfriend is still in china.' my eyes widen. he has a boyfriend?

if i was alone i would punch myself in the face. 'oh, you didn't say anything about a boyfriend,' i say while wiggling my eyebrows.

i can't believe i thought he was single, i'm so embarrassed and i'm lucky it's kinda dark here.

'yeah, i didn't think it would matter that much.' i sigh silently. of course it didn't matter that much, i'm happy i didn't fall for him.

'well, how is he, tell me about him!' i say enthusiastically, shoving my stupid thoughts away.

renjun opens the door to the public hallways and smiles brightly. 'he's really tall and loud,' he says. he puts his hand above his head and stands on his toes. 'tall like this.' his hand really high up.

'he's really goofy and annoys me sometimes, but he can be really sweet,' he continues. i smile, he looks so happy talking about him.

'what's his name?' 'yukhei, lucas, xuxi. i don't know i just call him lucas or yukhei,' he answers.

i nod. 'you should show me a picture of him sometimes.' renjun nods. 'sure, what way are we going?' i point at the cafeteria.

i walk towards our table and see that jisung and chenle joined too, with renjun trailing behind me i awkwardly sit down next to minsun.

renjun silently sits down too and i smile at the rest.

'this is renjun, i met him on the rooftop.'

[a/n]
sorry i couldn't help it, i really think lucas and renjun are cute together bc i'm a sucker for height difference.

i ship luwoo too, so it was hard to choose, but sorry if you expected luwoo. maybe next time