Chapter 16: Kiss or cry

Joy pov:

We have been waiting for one and half hour in the same spot but there's absolutely no one around here. After finishing all the snacks we carried with us we really start getting impatient now.

"Let's split up and try to find the map", Yerin suggests as she gets up.

"What if we get lost?", I say as I  grab my bag and get up with her.

"I have some crayons with me. Let's mark the trees on our way with these and meet  back at this spot", she suggests as she hands me a crayon.

"Why do you even have these?", I ask as I take it.

"I'm really into drawing these days", she says as she shows me her book.

"Really? I guess you should try something else Yerinah", I say as I laugh while seeing them.

"Yaah!! Don't question my artistic abilities",  she says as she smacks me.

"Okay okay. Let's meet back here", I say as I head towards my left.

After walking for a while I reach  the place where we caught Irene unnie and Jin oppa earlier, but there's no one in here. The person who rents the fishing equipment or the shop..Nothing! Everything is closed and oddly silent. My heart starts beating faster as the cold starts hitting my warm skin. It feels like there's something in here. I'm a person who believes in ghosts and got rid of all the mirrors in my room so that I keep myself safe from the ghosts, to me  this situation is extremely scary.

I freeze in my spot as I hear some footsteps in the dark. I immediately start crying as I  get nervous. I don't want to die this way especially  in the hands of a stupid ghost. 

"Anyone there? Pls save me!", I shout in between my sobs as I kneel down on the floor while hugging my knees and cover eyes. The footsteps start getting closer but no one responds to me. I guess this is the end.

Pls save me god!

"Sooyounga! Sooyounga! Are you okay?", I hear someone saying as a hand touches the top of my head. I open my eyes which are completely blurred due to my tears and look up to see the owner of the voice .

"Jungkook!", I shout as I immediately get up to from my place and hug him. I'm really glad that I finally found a human, I thought that I was going to encounter a ghost.

"Why didn't come to find me till now? I was really terrified. I thought I was gonna die in the hands of that stupid ghost", I say as I start crying.

"What ghost? Okay now I'm  here Sooyounga. Don't worry. I'll take you back home. Please don't cry",  he  hugs me tighter and rubs my back as I try to calm down.

"I'm sorry. I was just too terrified", I say as I calm down and move back from his embrace. I clean my face and look back at Jungkook who just starts laughing out loud.

"Hyung! Did you see that? She thought I was a ghost", he says to someone behind me as he looks over my shoulder while catching his stomach and laughing. I turn around to see Yerin and Taehyung.

"Pabo! Why were you crying?", Yerin asks as she smacks me before hugging me. I look over to Taehyung who is staring at me  intensely.

He looks angry

What's the matter with him?

It's rare to see him like this

Is he mad at me?

"Yaah! Why are you looking at me like that?", I say as I smack him after me and Yerin move back from each other.

"Aah it hurts! Why didn't you come back on time? Are you crazy? We were really worried for you", Taehyung says as he pinches my cheek. I hate it when he does that so I slap his hand away from me and hold my cheek in pain.