Chapter 45: I choose you

Joy pov:

"Omma!", I shout holding the cushion in my hand over my face as the stupid ghost nun pops up. The scene changes to a calmer setting next making me have a look at the two guys who are looking at me.

"Are you okay?", Taehyung  asks as he pulls me into a side hug. My heart starts racing at his sudden action but I clear my throat and answer while moving away "I'm good".

"Sooyoungah just hold my hand. It will all be fine", Jungkook smiles at me and offers his hand. I take it and smile as Taehyung who's next to me opens and closes his mouth like a fish before showing his mouth with the popcorn.

This is so fun!

I shouldn't laugh!

V pov:

"That was a nice one. Let's watch another one", Jungkook says as he skims through the movies.

"Sure but don't let it be horror. I won't be able to speep", Joy says as she nods.

"Don't worry Sooyoungah", Jungkook ruffles her hair and smiles. I scoff at their sweet interactions which are driving me crazy. Throughout the movie she clung to Jungkook's arm like she usually does with me. I know I did agree to prove myself to  her and let her choose but this feels as if someone is taking away what's mine.

What was I thinking?

"Did you just scoff?", She says as she snaps  her head to look at me.

"Someone looks very uneasy", Jungkook smirks.

"We didn't invite him though. He has to deal with it", Joy says and I hit my head against the pillow. I was going to be here to keep these two away and win her back but that failed. It's a torture now.

"I'm not uneasy. I'm just a bit shaken from the movie", I lie through my teeth as I choose the next movie-Titanic.

"Whatever you say pal", our maknae says as he smiles at me. I roll my eyes and take my place.

Wendy pov:

So now it's my turn for the dishes. I sure remember Yeri had to do it too but wonder where did that brat go. Anyway it's better for me to do it alone, I'm faster. The thing going on with Yoongi and Hoseok has been killing me every second. I was sure confused for a while after those dates but on the next day I realised I really did the biggest mistake. They're fighting for silliest things when what I loved about them is their beautiful bond. It's funny from the surface when they compete but inside I'm having a battle with myself.

"Hey", I see Yoongi coming in with two cans of beer. I smile and greet him quickly but again the air turns awkward. After that day when I told them the truth, Yoongi and I didn't get to spend time alone much. They were so into who gets more time thing and constant bickering  that we didn't get to go on our usual walks. Neither did Hoseok and I get to do our fun hangouts anymore but we weren't awkward.

"Hey oppa, what are you doing here?"

"How about we have some drinks and talk? I need to really to discuss something  important",  he says and shuffles in his place a bit awkwardly.

"Sure. I'm done here anyway", I try to ease my tension my speaking more cheerfully. We head towards the table in the kitchen itself and start having our drinks. Leaning back against the chair and drinking as silence engulfs us. I wait for him to speak which he starts immediately after gulping down the whole can.

"Can I?", He asks my permission before he turns me around  in the chair and takes my hand. His glance goes towards our hands as he continues "When you talked to us about the situation, I was a bit unsure at  first. But after how Joy and Taehyung thing went down , I  really appreciated your decision. You did the right thing but I never realised how childish and messy this could turn to be"