Chapter 19: Fake love

Irene pov:

"Jin can I talk to you for a while?", I ask as Jin and I complete cleaning the dishes. I have been trying to talk to him regarding the  pool party earlier but couldn't. I don't know what happend to me at the moment but I still need to explain it to him.

"Okay. How about we take a stroll outside?", he asks as he smiles and places the dishes in their place.

"Sure", I say as I follow him outside.

"So what did you want to talk about?", he asks as we walk around.

"I'm really sorry about that kiss. I know you didn't expect it", I say as I place my hands in my jacket's pocket and walk along. I'm actually really worried  about his reaction and this silence is killing me.

"Don't say that. I'm happy that I got to kiss a beautiful lady like you", he says as he smiles. All my worries vanish in a second and a rosy tint appears on my cheeks as I chuckle at his compliment.

"Thank you. To be honest I don't know what took over me at that moment but I just had to do it. I didn't want him to worry about me", I say  as  I hesitate while saying the last sentence.

"You wanted to show him that you  moved on too right?"

"I guess I didn't want to lose either", I say as I laugh bitterly.

"Joohyun can I ask you something?", he says after thinking for a while.

"Sure"

"You still like him don't you?", his words make me stop in my tracks as they are absolutely true.

"If you're not comfortable to answer it, its fine", he says as he stops in front of me.

"No you're right. I'm pathetic ain't I? Still crushing over my ex who is now someone else's man", I say as I try to smile.

"No you're not Joohyun. Letting go of someone is never an easy task and if its the person you truly love, its way more difficult. I'm sure you'll find someone that can give you the same amount of love one day", he says as he holds my hand and starts walking. I feel safe and comforted whenever he holds my hand and It's really unusual for me to think that way as I'm kind of reserved when it comes to men.

"You're right. I think I will be able to move on only when I find that person", I say as I smile.

"I'm sure you will find him soon", he says as he smiles and swings our hands in the air as we walk. I laugh at his silly gesture and play along. As we reach the villa, I notice Jisoo and Suho kissing in the backyard towards our right. My tears threaten to fall as I soon as I see them.  I immediately turn around to look at Jin and stop him in his tracks.

"Can I ask you a favor?", I say as I wait for his answer. I know this is really silly but I don't have any other way out of it either.

"Sure. What is it?", Jin says as he smiles.

"Will you be my boyfriend?", I take deep breathe and finally speak.

"What?", he asks looking clearly  shocked. I don't blame him though, I was just crying over another man a while ago so who would have expected this.

"Not like a real boyfriend but still. You know what I mean?", I try to frame a correct sentence 'cause I don't know what I'm talking about either.

"Oh.. you mean like a fake boyfriend?", he speaks after noticing  Suho and Jisoo.

"Joohyun you know you don't have to do this right? Are you sure?", he asks while looking into my eyes.

"I'm sure Jin. I just can't stand this anymore. Do you want to help me or not?", I ask as I look back at him. He shocks me by suddenly kissing me on my forehead and pulling  me into a warm hug.