42

"I don't blame you at all." i said, reaching over to hug him. his large arms wrapped around me

"you should."

"but i don't. So stop." he looked at me with a sad expression. I knew he still mentally blamed himself for all of this .

he pulled me into a tighter hug and just held me without saying anything. so i didn't either. i just held him back to comfort him. but secretly i needed to be held like this.

My life has been nothing but craziness since las years halloween party.

thats when i realized . It's been almost a year of me going through this. Ive never been so mentally drained, i lost weight from the stress. my skin pale, dark circles around my eyes from exhaustion and lack of sleep. god i felt hideous.

"What are you thinking about?" sasuke asked as he stared at me " you looked more bothered than normal."

"i used to be curvy.. my skin was healthy.. now i have these dark circles around my eyes.. im losing weight i didnt need to lose but i have no appetite.. I look sick."

"Do you ?" he asks

"look at me !" i yelled pulling from his grip and burrying my face in my hands to hide the obvious signs of stress that sits on my face for display.

He placed his fingers under my chin and lifts my head and begins analyzing my face.

"What i see .. is a real woman. Who's been through a lot in a short amount of time. I see a woman overcome the scariest moment in her life. What I see is a girl makes pale skin and dark circles eyes look adorable."

"How is this adorable"

"Because its you. Don't you get it y/n? As a friend , who cares a lot about you. I still find you incredibly beautiful."

I laughed softly and smiled a tiny smile.

"Your still the most beautiful girl i know. I can't even imagine how itachi feels."

"What do you mean" i rolled my eyes preparing for him to convince me to welcome itachi back just for their stupid deal.

"Because he's in love with you. Don't get me wrong. I care about you. But love is a strong word. I love you as a person. Friend of course. But intimately. I don't. "

"I get it. You want -"
"This isn't about the deal y/n. I'm being honest here." He looked at me seriously. "Like i said. I care a great deal about you. But im not capable of loving you. That doesn't mean I would shove you into itachis arms carelessly if I thought he wouldn't do right by you. "

"Your speaking about him as a brother. You can't speak about him as a boyfriend. "

"I know him better than anyone though y/n. Because he's my brother. I'm the only one here who knows the true monster he can become. What he's capable of.  I know my brother so well I hated him half my life and wished he was dead. "

"But?"

"But Im telling you right now. My brother is a changed man. Once he got into med school. He shaped up. The monster he was no longer existed. The itachi I grew up with has no business being with a woman like you. But the itachi who interviewed you ... gave you a job and rescued you from your kidnappers. That's the itachi you girls could only read about from  your Wattpad books."

"What do you want from me sasuke. To welcome him with open arms. I'm scared! If I get close to him who says I won't get kidnapped by another enemy?"

"You think you know what your saying but you truly don't. Because if you did , you wouldn't be here with me. "

"Whats that supposed to mean ?" I asked

"Your in more danger staying at my house the. His. He left This life. Me on the other hand . This is my life still. I mean.. I have more security now cause your here so your safe but..."

"I get it." I said softly.

"Lay down. Get some rest. You don't have to make a decision right now.  Sleep on it."

"Ok." I laid down and gotten comfortable.  Sasuke left the room to sleep on the couch or play video games. I don't know. But sleep caught up with me just minutes after closing my eyes.