44

"She should have been here by now. " itachi muttered staring at his watch. " she stood me up"

"Have faith" madara said entering the room.

"Faith ? She barely looked at me since we got her back. It's not looking good for me right now."

"You worry too much"

"You don't worry enough "

"She's probably making you wait. You know girls. They make you wait because it's their way of getting u worried so u can appreciate them or something like that. "

"That's childish. She isn't like that."

"If you say so."

"Did you come here for this amazing pep talk ?" Itachi asked.

"No actually. I just came to check on you. I heard she hadn't come yet."

"Well as you can see I'm fine. If you don't mind uncle. I rather be al-"

"Sorry Im late" I said nervously.

He stared at me with both relief and excitement

" thought you might have stood me up for a second there

" thought you might have stood me up for a second there."

"I went past our favorite coffee shop and decided to grab us one. Like old times ." Simpler times. Stop in grab coffee before work.  Admire him from a distance as he check charts and patients. It was that long ago but it feels like ages ago.

"Haven't had their coffee in so long." I walked up and grabbed the cup I held out to him. My heart raced as his fingers touched mine for that brief second.

"I'm gonna go" madara said awkwardly "glad your safe y/n"

"Oh madara . I never got the chance to thank you for saving me. " 

"Any time hun. Be safe" he smiled. as he walked away i admired him a bit as well. 

madara is a dangerous man... but he is  a man with class. Rough around the edges but absolutely beautiful for a man his age.  The Uchiha's in general are just blessed.

Remembering that I have an Uchiha here watching me gawk at his uncle i quickly turned back around to face him before he noticed

"So" i said braking the silence. 

"Oh. yea.. i figured you wouldn't feel safe dining out.. after everything. So i made us dinner. If thats ok with you." he said. I can sense that he was nervous. Itachi was always well spoken. Always straight forward and down to the point. I found it kind of cute.

"sounds good" i replied. 

"Follow me" i followed him through the halls of his enormous house. I didn't see all of it but i knew where the kitchen was and we were heading the opposite direction.

"W-where are going?"

Itachi stopped and looked at me. "Are you afraid?" His eyes were sad. but in honesty i was. 

I had no reason to be afraid of itachi but i was. I think its because i knew nothing about him. I only knew proffesional Itachi and sex crazed Itachi. Not the real Itachi. you know... likes and dislikes. favorite color. favorite food. we are still strangers.

"kind of" i said honestly.

"Don't be afraid of me y/n ... I want to protect you. I could never do you harm." he cupped the side of my face with his large warm, soft yet string hands. the smell of his cologne filled my nose and i inhaled deeply before answering him again

"I know that.. It's just .. I realized how much of a stranger you still are to me."

"stranger? I dont know what more about me you don't know."

"I only knew you in a work environment. and sexually of course.. other than that.. thats all ."

"You know me more than you think."

"How so?"

"I work so much. Who i was with you wasn't some persona. I'm not an acter. I dont go to work and pretend to be some one else.  My small time outside of work consisted of eating sleeping and having sex. which you knew as well. Theres nothing else to me. "

"your families business?"

he sighed and leaned against the wall. "The old me your saying? He doesnt exist anymore. thats not who i am anymore why should you know about him? and as far as my family, they dont define who i am . For the record.. Uchiha corp, 100% legit. Top charts in insurance in the region. their side business.. thats their life . im not in that anymore."

"You shot someone Itachi. Neji. He almost died." i reminded him.

"I wont apologize for that." he straightened up. "I may be a changed man but i still have it in me to end someones life for the sake of my family and someone i care about."

"And that makes it ok?"

" I don't care if it is ok or not. I did what was needed, what i had to do. send the hyugas a message. besides , you saving that bastard helped you survive inside. You fucked him right? for safety? Had to do what you had to do? Doesnt matter if it was by sex , gun or drugs.. their all related somehow."

He was annoyed after mentioning neji. his jaw clenched and his breathing pattern changed, he showed physical signs of an adrenaline rush.  

"I wasn't ready to take someones life. "i retorted.

pinning me between his body and against the wall his had beside my head as he leaned in a bit

my heart raced so fast i thought i was going to pass out.

"Every molecule in my body.." he said through clenched teeth his arms shook in anger. "wants him dead. He touched you... kissed you... Yet he still breathes. Because you matter that much to me. You wanted him alive so he is. That is who i am Y/n . I will do anything for you. kill for you...Let someone who clearly deserves to die live.. for you. I left my wife for you. " he took in a deep breathe and relaxed. "I would move away from here, for you. Anything... but cut my hair."

I saw him smirk from the corner of my eye and couldnt hold in my laugh. His small joke was so un expected but i know he meant it as well. 

"can we get to the table before anymore questions? you came to talk over dinner "

leading me to a vacant room he opens the balcany door and sat a table with two chairs and a table with delicious food. we took a seat and begun eating .. Well i did.. Itachi just stared at me.

I got her to laugh .. i missed hearing her laugh.

 i missed hearing her laugh