help needed

"It sounds like your subconscious is trying to communicate with you." Deaton answered with a slight frown.

"Well how do i tell my subconscious to use a language that i actually know?" Stiles asked in a slightly irritated tone.

"Do you remember what the sign language looked like? The placement and the movement of the hands?" Deaton questioned, stopping in the main room and turning to face the trio.

"You know sign language?" Scott asked in amazement.

"I know a little." Deaton looked to Stiles, "Let me give it a shot."

"Okay, the first move was like this," Stiles held his pointer finger up on his right hand and twirled his pointer finger on his left hand around it in a circle.

"That's when."

"Then there was this twice." Stiles put his open hands in front of him and moved the left one back, like a door opening.

"That's door."

"Then there was this inbetween it." Stiles flicked his right thumb off the bottom of his chin.

"That's it?" Deaton confirmed.

Stiles nodded, "Yeah."

"When is a door, not a door." Deaton put the sign language together.

"When is a door not a door?" Stiles asked in complete disbelief.

"When it's ajar." Adrianna softly answered, her eyes raising to Deatons. She had a theory on what that meant and she could tell Deaton was thinking the same.

"You're kidding me. A riddle? My subconscious wants to tell me a riddle?" Stiles was beyond annoyed. A riddle? That's what was keeping him up all night, that's what was so desperate for him to know. A riddle?

"Not necessarily. When the three of you went under the water, when you crossed from unconsciousness to a kind of super consciousness, you essentially opened a door in your minds." Deaton explained.

"So what does that mean? The door's still open?" Scott questioned.

"Ajar." Adrianna answered.

The boys looked to her, their minds slowly catching up to what they were saying, to how dangerous this was.

"A door into our minds?" Stiles asked, his tone slow and full of realisation.

"I did tell you it was risky."

"What do we do about it?" Scott asked.

Deaton and Adrianna looked to each other, "Well, that's difficult to answer."

"No, wait a second, i know that look. That's the we know exactly what's wrong with you and we have no idea how to fix it look."

Adrianna rolled her eyes.

"One thing i do know is that having an opening like that into your mind? It's not good. You each need to close that door. And you need to do it as soon as possible."

Adrianna looked to the boys, this was worse than they expected, but they shouldn't have expected anything less than the worst.

---

Stiles opened the door to the clinic and held it open for Scott and Adrianna to pass through. Neither had uttered a word since Deaton relayed their next problem to them, for what would they say? How was Scott and Stiles supposed to close a door into their minds that they hadn't even realised was open?

Headlights shone upon them as an SUV pulled up in front of the clinic. Adrianna slowed her pace and a frown creeped across her forehead. It was the Sheriffs car.

"Dad, what're you doing here?" Stiles questioned his father as he got out of the vehicle.

"I'm here because," Stilinski let out an exhausted sigh, "I could use some help." His eyes moved to Adrianna and Scott. "Actually, your help."

The two wolves looked at each other, their expressions mirroring the same confused looks.

"Why us?" Scott wondered.

"Because 8 years ago, almost an entire family died in a car accident. One of the bodies, a young girl named Malia, was never found. There's enough evidence to have me thinking that, a werewolf could have caused the accident and then dragged her body away." Stilinski explained. "If you could somehow get a lock on her scent, if you could somehow help me find her body, it might provide the missing clue."

"But what if it was a werewolf?" Stiles asked.

Stilinski looked to his son, "Well then there's somebody out there who murdered an entire family. Someone who still needs to be caught."

The teenagers looked at each other with weary looks. It sounded suspicious and that could be a viable theory, but the accident was 8 years ago and the evidence could very well be obscured.
Adrianna looked back to Stilinski, he felt desperate, he felt like he needed to solve this case for which she knew not why it was so important. But if it was, then she had to help.

---

Adrianna carefully stepped over the rat traps that were laid outside, there were rather too many of them to be considered normal but she didn't question it. As soon as she stepped foot on the property she was overwhelming alarmed by the paranoia and anger of Mr. Tate, but she understood why, with the death of his entire family, one wouldn't exactly be sane.

Stiles twisted the doorknob to the back door, thankful that it was unlocked, which was also rather idiotic, and pushed it open.
It instantly stared to squeak and create way too much noise for someone who was trying to break in. Stiles halted the door opening and glanced at Scott and Adrianna.

Adrianna rolled her eyes and signalled for him to close the door as it wasn't opened too much. Stiles frowned, mouthing his confusion on her request. Adrianna raised her eyebrows, her anger rising quickly.

Stiles pulled his lips into a tight line and closed the door, turning around to Adrianna with an obvious confused look.
Adrianna grabbed both his and Scotts shoulder and teleported them all inside the room they were aiming to get in.

Stiles squeezed his eyes shut and covered his mouth, vomit ready to spill across the carpet of the room they weren't supposed to be in. Scott stumbled slightly, shaking his head in attempt to adjust to the new surroundings.

"Never--" Stiles gulped down the vomit, "Do that again."

Adrianna rolled her eyes and looked around the room. It was a young girls room, Malia Tate's. There was a large double bed to their immediate left with wooden posters on each corner, there was a dresser on the wall on the other side of them and little space to move in the rest of the room.

Stiles moved over to the bed and started to chuck stuffed animals and pillows at Scott, hoping he could catch a scent.

Scott shook his head after the third toy, "All I'm getting is some animal smell."

Stiles moved over to the dresser, "What kind of animal?"

Adrianna's body stilled when a low growling echoed through her ears, it was so loud it almost made her cower away from the sound, she wasn't having the best time adapting to this whole werewolf thing.
Her eyes followed the sound to a dark brown dog standing in the doorway. "Dog."

.

.

.

.

( edited )
i can't believe how crazy this series is getting!! it's blowing up!! i love you all.

-a