panic attack

The three teenagers turned around in time to see Agent McCall and Mr. Tate get out of the black car. Adrianna let out a tense breath and turned around to meet Scotts eyes. She could feel the guilt welling inside of him and the Sheriff, as well as the anger directed towards Scotts father.

"Mr. Tate . . . ." Sherriff Stilinski began, his tone held his guilt and reluctance to explain the situation.

Mr. Tate approached the group. His eyes travelled to the dirty, ratted blanket scrunched up in Stilinski's hand, his eyes softened and his hands began to shake with sore memories. He reached down and took it from the Sheriff. He cradled it like a baby.

"Mr Tate?"

"It's hers." Mr Tate's voice broke, his eyes unable to tear away from his dead daughters blanket.

"Alright, wait here." Agent McCall instructed and started to move away from the group.

"Dad--"

"I'll talk to you in a minute. I wouldn't mind hearing how your mum's okay with you running around in the woods this late." Agent McCall gave his son a stern glare before strutting off towards the entrance to the den.

The teenagers watched Stilinski march behind Agent McCall and argue with him over who knows what. They only knew that their words were not very friendly.

Adrianna glanced at Mr. Tate whom was still clutching the blanket. She stuffed her hands into her pockets and took in a deep breath. They had to find Malia and figure out how to turn her back into a coyote. They had to return this broken man to his daughter. They had to do something right.

---

"Here's where we found the den. It's right in the middle of the hiking trails." Stiles pointed to a blue dot on the map pulled up on his Ipad.

"Well, that could narrow it down. Coyotes travel on fixed trails. But,--" Allison raised her eyes to Scott and Adrianna. "I think you're right about her not going back to the den. Coyotes don't like wolves. And they're really smart, if they don't wanna be heard, they actually walk on their toes."

Stiles pulled his eyebrows together in shock, "Coyotes tip-toe?"

Allison rolled her eyes, "They tip-toe."

Stiles raised his eyebrows and looked to Scott and Adrianna, mouthing his disbelief in the smartness of coyotes at them.

The bell rang overhead, signalling the beginning of their next class. Allison looked up, "I gotta go, but send me the pinned location."

"Okay."

They watched as Allison hurried off to her next class before taking their own seats.

Adrianna let her bag slump to the ground and let her head fall into her hands. Her eyes were sore and her head was buzzing from exhaustion.

"Alright everyone, let's get started." Mr Yukimura announced, standing at the head of the class. "We were just talking about internment camps and prisoners of war. There's a passage in our reading that I would like to go over in more detail. Who would like to come up and read aloud for us?"

"Mr Stilinski, how about you?" Mr Yukimura asked.

Stiles raised his eyes to the teacher, his mouth opened then closed. "Oh uh, maybe--maybe someone else could."

"Everyone participates in my class, Mr. Stilinski." Mr Yukimura pushed with a friendly smile.

Stiles exhaled, "Okay." He put his pen down and reluctantly got up. He made his way to the stand where the textbook was open.