complications

Adrianna's fingers thrummed harshly against the dark wood of Chris's desk, each set of taps getting faster and faster with her winding thoughts. Her eyebrows remained furrowed in a contemplative form and her eyes downcast to trace the light strokes of brown laced within the desk top.
She couldn't even begin to rummage through the events of last night. Her admittance of the truth behind her past, her age, who she really was . . . it almost made her physically ill to even think about. She had held those secrets for so long and lied to practically everyone she knows for it to all come back and bit her in the ass. Karma really was a vengeful bitch.
They hadn't spoken about it since, much too distracted by the plethora of problems already laid before them. But she took their willingness to keep her around as a good sign.

"Would you stop that."

Adrianna halted her tapping and narrowed her eyes at the strawberry-blond who stood practically rigid with her arms folded over her chest. Lydia didn't know yet. Before she could utter a snarky reply, the doorbell echoed throughout the apartment.

Allison glanced to them both, letting out a shaky breath full of nerves. She dragged herself to her feet and quietly left the study.
Adrianna moved to stand next to Lydia in the doorway, the girls sharing an equally nervous look.

The white wood opened to reveal Scott, Ethan and Aiden on the other side of the door, each holding hesitant and slightly nervous expressions.

Allison barely acknowledged them and instantly began explaining the situation, "My father said all of the Katashi evidence is being moved to a federal lockup by armoured car tonight. Probably within the next few hours." She paused next to Lydia and Adrianna who stood in the doorway to the study.

Aiden halted, "We're going to rob an armoured car?"

"Well, we're going to try."

****

"This is a really bad plan."

"It's not that bad." Lydia justified.

"It's not that good." Ethan commented, walking behind Lydia to stare at the map with a deep frown.

"None of us knows the route they're going to take. If Allison can get one of her dads GPS trackers on the armoured car, then we can follow it." Lydia explained once more.

Allison slowly nodded in agreement, "So when it gets here—" She pointed to an intersection on the simple map they had laid across the desk between them all.

"We attack them?" Aiden interrupted.

Lydia pressed her lips together in dismay and turned to face him, "No. Your bikes will be in the middle of the road, looking like you guys got into an accident. And when the driver gets out to help--"

"We attack him?"

"No!" All 3 girls replied in unison, looking incredulously at the twins.

"You'll distract him." Lydia answered. "And Scott will break open the back door."

Scott pressed his lips firmly together in a grim expression, his hazel eyes full of concern. He remained vividly focused on the map, his mind racing with numerous thoughts all at once. "I hope."

"And you'll get Katashi's finger." Lydia looked to Adrianna.

"Why aren't we just going to Stilinski for help?" Ethan questioned as if it were an obvious and perfectly reasonable option.

"Because if he gets caught, then it's the Sherriff tampering with federal evidence." Scott responded calmly.

"Well then, why doesn't the witch just use her voodoo powers and get the finger for us?" Aiden wondered as he pointed a harsh finger at Adrianna.