madhouse

"Are you okay?"

Adrianna walked down the hall with Lydia tailing her. "Yes."

"Are you sure."

"Yes."

Adrianna started to pack the books resting on the counter in her bag, including her phone charger that neatly rested atop. First day back seeing everyone after she sort of vanished for a week, she was a bit nervous.

"Are you sure that you're sure?"

"Lydia!" Adrianna snapped her eyes up to her friend whom had been walking on eggshells since she got back from Canada.
Lydia's eyes went wide and went down to the book Adrianna had been holding.
Adrianna followed her gaze to see her new history textbook snapped in half. She sighed and threw them back on the counter.
"I'm fine, I swear."

Lydia rolled her eyes and muttered a whatever as she started packing her own bag. "I know you say you are but Adrianna, you left for a week with no contact, two days after you found out . . . . everything."

Adrianna nodded and closed her bag, attempting to reign her frustration in, but her friend was really making it difficult. "Lydia, the more this conversation continues, the more i will not be fine."

Lydia instantly closed her mouth and zipped her bag shut too. "Fine."

---

Adrianna huffed in irritation after a few silent moments of walking through the busy corridors of Beacon Hills High. She could practically feel Lydia about to burst. "Lydia."

"What?"

"Stop it."

"Stop what?"

"Stop . . . . feeling."

Lydia scoffed and half looked at Adrianna to check if she were serious.
After seeing a stone-cold expression, she turned back to the front. "Sorry I'm bothering you then."

Adrianna rolled her eyes, "No, I'm sorry. It's just irritating."

"I knew you weren't fine."

"Lydia." Adrianna seethed.

Lydia's expression suddenly changed and turned to one of worry. Her eyes stared at something a few meters ahead of them, at someone.

Adrianna drew her eyebrows together and followed her gaze. It was Allison, whom looked and was feeling absolutely terrified.

The girls walked towards their friend with cautious steps. She looked like a frightened deer.

"Allison, are you okay?" Lydia questioned carefully.

Allisons eyes focused on the strawberry-blond yet she seemed distant. She nodded, gulping down the lump in her throat.

Adrianna could feel her fear, she knew Allison had seen something, something that had
rattled her cage a bit too much. She knew she had been having hallucinations, according to Lydia's descriptive texts that she explicitly ignored. Although she hadn't mentioned what they were about, she only knew they were pretty serious.

Her eyes met Lydia's, the same thought wondering through them. If this was happening to the very human Allison, who died last month, then it was most definitely happening to Scott and Stiles.

---

Adrianna instantly spotted Scott and Stiles and was overwhelmed with the same fear as she was with Allison. Scott was on edge and Stiles was ruled by his fear, which confirmed her earlier thoughts. And that wasn't good.
She tugged on Lydia's arm and pointed her in the direction of their friends.

Lydia took the lead and walked up to them, catching on to the end of their conversation which she had already guessed.

"How'd you know?" Scott questioned Stiles. His eyes moved up to the girls approaching them and a frown creased his forehead.

"Because it's happening to all three of you." Lydia answered, her eyes staring dead at the boys.

Just as they had a break, just as they were all able to breathe, something else hits, something new but always evil.

---

Lydia gracefully opened the double doors to the school, the others trailing behind her and looking not the least bit pleased. "Well, well, look who's no longer the crazy one." She didn't even try to hide the enthusiasm in her voice, and the mocking.

"We're not crazy." Allison commented.

Lydia spun around with a doubtful look. "Hallucinations, sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine."

"We did die and come back to life. That's gotta have some side effects right?" Scott attempted to justify. He didn't want another problem, he wanted this just to be a thing that's happening because of how they saved everyone last time but it would go away with time. He needed it to go away.

The bell rang overhead, signalling the beginning of first period classes and drawing the attention away from the too serious conversation.

"We keep an eye on each other, okay?" Stiles decided before turning to head to his first class, "And Lydia, stop enjoying this so much."

Lydia tried to hide her smirk and cocked her head to the side, "What?"

Adrianna nudged her slightly with a ghost smirk of her own before following Stiles. She was right, they had to find the humour in this, or it will just become another weighing problem.

---

"Good morning, everyone. My name is Mr. Yukimura. I'll be taking over for your previous history teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure, by now, you all know my daughter, Kira." The tall teacher with dark brown hair frowned slightly to himself. "Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought home a friend for that matter."

A not-so-subtly thump sounded at the back of the class which drew everyones attention to a girl with long black hair head down on the desk.

"Either way, there she is." Mr. Yukimura proudly distinguished.

The girl slowly raised her head to face the rest of the class. She looked a lot like the teacher, with large brown eyes and the dark hair. She put on an embarrassed smile.

Adrianna raised her eyebrows, studying the new girl slightly. She had something inside of her, so her way too advanced powers said, but it was like a flame that was nearly completely blown out by the power of a strong fan. She gave Stiles an unaffected look and looked back to the front.

"Now, let's begin with American History at the turn of the 20th century."

.

.

.

.

( edited )
the first book is thriving guys holy shit!!! it's up to 7.1k reads!! it's crazy.

-a