a plan

"A couple of students said they saw it running across the field and back into the woods. Thank God, nobody got hurt." Sherriff Stilinski explained as they walked down the corridor towards the locker rooms.

Adrianna frowned, "What happens if someone did get hurt?"

Stilinski looked to her and sighed, knowing they weren't going to like his answer. "Most likely, they'll have to put it down."

Stiles raised his eyebrows, "Put her down. Dad, try not to forget there's a girl in there, one that you'll be killing."

Stilinski looked away from both of them and continued to walk in silence.

Adrianna and Stiles met eyes and she raised her eyebrows in concern. He was acting as he did before he knew about their world.

"Come on, you aren't back to not believing, are you?" Stiles asked his father.

"You know what?" Stilinski stopped walking and turned around to face the teenagers. "I believe there are a lot of things I don't understand yet." He glanced at a passing officer and lowered his voice to a harsh whisper. "But that doesn't mean that everything and anything imaginable is suddenly possible. Now, are you 100% percent sure that this is a girl and not an animal?"

"Yes." Adrianna and Stiles answered in unison and without hesitation. Their expressions showed their shock at the Sherriff for even doubting them, he hasn't before.

"Because Scott's sure." Stiles added. He believed in his best friend, no matter how much he was struggling with his abilities, he will always believe in him.

Adrianna straightened her back when a strong smell overcame her, a familiar scent. She turned to look down the hall and saw Scott standing at the end. Stiles and the Sherriff looked too, having the same feeling that their conversation was no longer private.

Stiles and Adrianna looked at each other and let out deep breaths. Stiles turned around, "Scott, you been listening?"

Scott nodded.

Adrianna looked to Stiles and nodded her head too, signalling he had been listening. They both looked to the Sherriff.

"All right, let's get this figured out. Come one."

---

Adrianna knelt down on one knee, her eyebrows pulled together in a deep frown. Her hand extended towards Stiles bag. The front of it was torn and the doll from the crash site was poking out. She stood up with his bag and walked over to Scott and Stiles. "I think I know what she was looking for." She unzipped his bag and pulled the doll out, holding it between them.

Scott looked at the doll then to Stiles, an annoyed look plastered across his face. "You took the doll from the car?"

"Yeah, i thought you could use it, you know, for like her scent." Stiles attempted to justify.

"Where did you get that?"

Adrianna, Scott and Stiles looked over to the doorway to see Mr. Tate with his permanant angry face standing in front of the crowd.

"Where did you find this?" Mr. Tate marched into the locker room and snatched the doll from Adrianna's hands. He held the doll much like a baby, his eyes softening just at the sight of it. "It belonged to my daughter."

Sherriff Stilinski weaved over to them, apologising quietly to Scott as he pushed past him. "Mr. Tate, I don't know how you heard about this. If you got your own police scanner or what, but you can't be here." Stilinski pushed Mr. Tate back but quickly stopped. He titled his head to the side and his eyebrows pulled together in an angry frown.