제 31 장

"Hello! Earth to Aera!" Jinhwan said as he wave his hand in front of her face snapping Aera out of her trance.

He laughed when she took a step back in shock and accidentally bumped her head against the wall.

"Oh hi Oppa. When did you arrive?" She asked rubbing her head.

Jinhwan shook his head at her.

"I've been standing here for a good fifteen minutes now. Does it hurt?"

He exagerated.

He only reach around five minutes ago.

Aera nodded letting him softly pat her head.

"You're quite the clumsy one aren't you?" He smiled.

Aera shrugged her shoulders, she heard that a lot... especially from Jimin.

She sighed thinking of him.

Her heart just hurt.

"Is something wrong? You seem more off then usual." He asked as they walk together to the exit.

Aera cocked her head. "Oppa! What do you mean I'm more off then usual?"

Jinhwan laughed, his hand behind her back. Gently touching her.

Both of them have been getting closer lately eversince the day he saw her at the same bus stop as him. Apparently, they live in the same neighbourhood.

They go home together almost daily.

And the more time spent together, the more Jinhwan finds Aera cute and the more he begin to like her. But he also notices her mood getting gloomier per day.

"Did something happened between you and Jimin?" He asked when her mood started to deteriorate, shutting herself in her gloomy bubble as they walk towards their neighbourhood.

Aera has been telling him that she thinks Jimin was avoiding her but she doesn't know the reason and she told him she's been seeing him with Seulgi often.

"I saw him today... it's just that I don't understand why he won't tell me what's going on. He told me he can't tell me... it sounds so dramatic, I tell you. It's like as if he's in a life and death situation and he need to keep it a secret and if he tells me someone might just die."

Aera frowned.

"I mean that kind of situation don't really happen to normal college students like us, right? And then there's Seulgi... seriously she's always around him. Oh my god!"

Jinhwan nodded, understanding her frustration.

"What would you do if you found out that Jimin and Seulgi are a couple, it's just that he is avoiding you cause he doesn't want to hurt your feelings?" Jinhwan asked.

Aera bit her lip, her brows knitting together.

"I guess I just have to accept it."

"Would you give me a chance then?" Jinhwan asked. He has never been someone to beat around the bush and this wasn't the first time he had ask her but Aera had refused.

"오빠 [Oppa]! 하지마 [Don't]!" She sighed.

"You already know the answer."

Jinhwan nodded.

Aera wouldn't give him a chance not cause she don't want to but because she can't... her heart belongs to Jimin.

And she wouldn't want to keep Jinhwan's hopes up, it wouldn't be fair cause she can't give what he wants.