Chapter One . . . Freedom

It's been a couple of months since we left my father, and I have to say that we are doing okay. I got a two bedroom apartment that I fixed up nicely with little money that I had. Since I payed everything in cash my father hasn't found us, and I hope he never did.

On the bright side, I delievered a beautiful healthy baby boy. His name was Austen THomas Winchester and he weighed in at eight pounds, four and half ounces. He was all mine and Sierra was ecstatic to see him. She loved babies, but was getting a little jealous to see that he was getting attention and she wasn't that baby anymore, but a month has passed and she feels better, and loves him ten times more than she ever had.

Luckily, I found a friend my age who was also a teenage mother, but she gave her baby up for adoption. We didn't talk about that or my situation. She was a big help with my kids and always offered to watch them. Like now, she watched them while I walked to the grocery store since I had to sell my car for extra cash. It went for five hundred dollars, not a lot but I needed the money.

I was on my way home with arms full of groceries singing Pinks 'Perfect'.

"Made a wrong turn once your twice, dug my way out blood and fire.

Bad decisions, that's alright welcome to my silly life.

Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood . . ."

I wasn't paying attention and before I knew it I slipped on a rock and was about to fall to the ground, but a pair of warm, strong hands caught me by the arms sending electricity through my whole body.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked me. It was rough and deep. Immediately I thought of my father. Thinking it was him, I jumped out of his hands. When I turned I saw that it wasn't my father but instead the most beautiful man I had ever seen. His hair was blond and in little spikes, his eyes were a dark brown, his nose was perfectly straight, his lips were so full that they looked absolutely wonderful to kiss. I scanned my eyes down his body and saw that he was only in a white wife beater with basketball shorts that both were drenched in sweat. His muscular arms and legs were beaded with sweat and i so wish I was that sweat right now.

"Miss?" The voice called again, snapping me out of thought. "S-sorry, I-I-I didn't mean to." I said looking down at my feet.

"No, hey it's alright. You have nothing to be sorry for." I don't know why, but I flinched at such soothing words. It scared me at hhow nice he was being. My dad only ever did that once and it was a trap so I would go in the kitchen and he had more weapons to beat me with.

"Can I help you with your bags?" Before my mother died she always told me not to wander off with strange men. I wonder what she would say about this man.

"Ummm . . . Sure why not." The man smiled and took both bags out of my hands. "You know 'help' means carrying one or two bags not all of them." I said still looking at the ground.

"Yeah, but I'm a gentlemand." He smiled and his teeth were whitter than the clouds above us. "By the way I'm Tyler Brolin." he said as we began to walk up the road

"I'm Kristine Winchester, and thanks by the way." He only smiled.

"oh and it's my pleasure. It's not everyday you get to help out such a beautiful girl." He continued talking but I stopped listening when he said beautiful girl. The past couple years I was told I was nothing hell I felt like nothing, so why would this man make me feel like I was something that I was not.