Chapter Eight . . . He's back

This morning was not one of the greatest mornings. I fell asleep on the kitchen table , so I didn't hear my alarm. The only thing that woke me up was the sound of Austen's cries. I had to get the kids fed quickly and didn't have time to shower. So I had to put on sweats and my hair in a bun. I looked fabulous by the way. Before anybody was ready Carrie was in my apartment standing there like a moron and not helping me at all.

We dropped off the kids and were late to our first period classes. We got the whole 'It's nice to see you showed up miss Winchester' speech and bla bla bla. The whole morning was boring and slow. The whole time I couldn't help but think I was missing something.

When I got to lunch I went through everything in my mind and I still couldn't think of what I was missing. "Hey, you look a little confused." Carrie said as she threw me a water.

"Thanks, and I am." I shrugged taking a sip of my water.

"About what?"

"I really don't know. I just feel like I'm missing something."

"What like homework or something?" Again I shrugged.

"I really don't know." I threw my face in my hands.

"Hey, you need to relax. You are so stressed out. Is this about Mr.Brolin?" Last night I told her everything that happened and surprisingly I didn't cry. I just went through it like it was a normal thing which for me it was.

"Maybe I just feel like a complete wreck. Like I can't relax."

"Well, this weekend I'll watch the kids and you can go get your nails done or hell sleep in. You just need to calm down for a while."

"You know I think just spending some time with the kids will help me, but thanks."

"That's what I'm here for." I smiled at her.

"So, what about you?"

She looked confused. "What about me?"

"You crushing on anyone?"

"Uh, no, I'm sworn off guys right now." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah whatever. Wasn't it you who said the you were a hormonal teenager?"

"First off, don't use my speech against me, two I said you were a hormonal teenager who needed a date with Tyler."

"Oh you mean my teacher." She looked mad and I began to laugh. "I know, I know I'm just making fun of you."

"That's mean. I was doing it for your own good."

"I know I know, and that's why I'm doing this for your own good. You can't swear yourself off men."

"You're right, but I don't see a man worthy of me right now." She laughed and the bell rang. Great on my way to Tyler.

"Kristine, are you going to be okay?" Carrie asked as we were on our way to class.

"Yeah I'll be fine, are you still picking up the kids today?"

"Of course, but I hate that you have to walk to work."

"I'll be fine. See ya!" I walked into Tyler's class and found him sitting in his desk reading something on his computer. He glanced at me than glanced to his computer.

I admit I deserved that after what I did to him, so I walked to the back with my head down I felt disgusting. What I did to him yesterday was wrong in a million ways. God let him forgive me.

Everyone walked in and Tyler shut the door after the bell rang. "Alright kids I want to hear what you wrote for your homework."

A lightbulb flashed in my head. I forgot to do the assignment Tyler assigned yesterday. I groaned in fraustration.