Chapter Six . . . Back to Hell

The sound of my alarm woke me up. It read 6:00 A.M. It pretty much said get the hell up it's time to go to school. I layed in my bed not wanting to go.

School had been a way to escape from my father and his abuse. I was always so eager to go, but now I just wanted to stay home and play with the kids, but no instead I had to go to school and learn about the chemistry and the Geometry that I would never use. You know half of that sounded like something a normal teenager would say. At least I was half normal.

With a sigh I got out of bed and went straight to my bathroom and into the shower where I let the warm water run down my scarred body from years of abuse.

After about ten minutes I forced myself out of the warmth of the shower and into the chilly air of the house. I quickly ran out of the shower and into my bedroom quietly looking through my closet. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a black short sleeve shirt. This would be the first time that I wore a short sleeve shirt to school. I actually looked nice.

After throwing my hair into a ponytail I grabbed Austen who's eyes were barely opened. "Hello, handsome boy are you hungry? Do you want something to eat?" He stared at me like he understood what I was saying, and he wrapped his little hand around my finger. "Let's go wake up your sister first."

We walked to Sierra's room where I found her sitting up in her bed crying. "Mommy, the boogie man!" I quickly walked to her bed with Austen on one side and hugging Sierra on the other.

"Shh . . . baby it's alright. There's no boogie man, mommy's here." She looked up at me and wiped away her tears.

"Can I watch Mickey Mouse." Her voice was bland with no emotion.

"Sierra? Are you okay?" She just nodded and I grabbed her hand and as a family we walked into the living room. She sat down on the couch as I turned on the t.v. and she finally smiled when Mickey Mouse came on.

I carried Austen over to his baby seat and turned him to the t.v. so he could watch the colors. I continued to walk to the kitchen where I got out a bowl and cereal. As I was pouring the cereal into the bowl Carrie walked in. "Hey girl, what's up?"

"Well, I decided this morning that I'm a somewhat normal teenager." I said before walking into the living and giving Carrie her cereal, and on my way back in I grabbed Austen.

"Well, that's good news I guess, how did you figure that one out?" I grabbed a made bottle out of the fridge and popped it into his mouth before answering.

"Well, I didn't want to go to school today," She raised her eyebrows at me, "but that's only because I want to be home with my kids." She laughed silently to herself.

"Yeah you are somewhat normal, but somewhat crazy."

"Shut up, who wouldn't want to be away from these adorable kids?" I said and gently touched Austen's head.

"You're right that's why I'm always over here."

"I thought you were here to see me?"

"Nope, only you're kids." She laughed.

"Well, if you feel that way, go get Sierra dressed for me."

"Yes ma'am." She said before going into the living.

"Now, you see that's why I say that your Aunt Carrie is crazy."

After all the kids were done eating, changed, and cleaned Carrie and I took them out to the car and strapped them in the back seat before getting in the car ourselves. Carrie and I have been looking over day cares on line and found the perfect one which is where we were going now. Sierra and Austen would be in the daycare until school was over then Carrie would pick them up and watch them until I got off from work.