Chapter Sixteen . . . .Why Me?

Chapter Sixteen . . . Why Me?

The day was long. Longer than usual actually. I think it was because I was so excited to spend my lunch. I walked into the lunchroom because Tyler had slipped me some money so I can have a "Healthy Lunch". As soon as I took my first step in the lunchroom everybody became silent. It was like I was noticed for the first time ever. It was strange.

With my head down I walked to the back of the line all the while listening to whispers. "Who's she?" "she's looking good", "Whatever she's still a freak."

I began to feel claustrophobic, like the walls were going to cave in on me. I couldn't breathe, and I did the only thing I knew how to do. I ran. I ran like my life depended on it, I guess I was just use to it by now.

I got to Tyler's room and started breathing heavily. "Kristine?" I looked up at a concerned Tyler and Carrie.

"I'm okay, don't worry." He came up and pulled me into a tight hug, and I sighed against him. I watched as Carrie closed the door and leaned against it. She looked up the ceiling like she was talking to God. Something was wrong.

"Carrie?" I pushed Tyler to the side and walked to her. She closed her eyes and I saw tears. "What's wrong?" She only looked up at me and shook her head.

"It's you Kristine." Tyler answered and I spun around to face him.

"What are you talking about? I'm fine!" I threw my arms out and turned around showing everyone that I was alright.

"She told me, Kristine. About the note and the doll." I dropped my arms and ran my hand through my hair.

"Yeah and I have it covered." I said with a shrug and hoped he didn't hear the uncertaintity in my voice.

"Kristine, sit down." I walked over to a desk, sat in it, and folded my hands together on the desk.

"Tyler quit acting like my damn teacher."

"Kristine, I am your teacher." He said with a cocky smile but then became serious. "What didn't you want me to know?"

"Because it's nothing for you to worry about. The note was adressed to me and only me. I've dealt with this before. I can take care of it again."

"Kristine, he almost killed you last time! I had to clean you up! Do you know what it's like to clean the blood of your own friends body!" Carrie yelled and I only laughed. I laughed and it sounded like I was evil.

"Honey, do you know what it's like to clean the blood off of yourself because your dad beat you too hard." I looked up with an evil smile.

"Kristine, don't." Tyler whispered.

"Do you know what it's like to have to pop your own damn bone back into place because you were thrown down the stairs! Do you know what it's like to be afraid of your own father, the one who was suppose to love you and take care of you! Do you know what it's like to have to clean yourself up after being held down by fucking jocks as one of them rapes you! And do you know what it's like to be pregnant, alone, on the run, with a three old little girl! I thinks it's you that doesn't know, Carrie! IT'S YOU!" By the time I was done I was screaming at the top of my lungs, Tyler had his head in his hands, and Carrie was on the floor sobbing. "None of you know! We're done here." I walked out of the room and slammed the door behind me causing students in the hall to stare. I guess lunch was over.

"What!" I yelled and they continued doing whatever they were doing. I walked down the hall when the door opened and Tyler's head popped out.

"Miss Winchester get back in her immediately, we are not done." I turned around on my heel with a smile.