Chapter 6

Salaam.
I hope you enjoy this chapter.
Things are getting heated very fast.
Hihihi.
Don't mind me. Let's get on with it.

************************************

Damn it.

His mother knew he was here and so did everyone else in the country. Why couldn't he have a normal life like everyone else where he didn't have to hide like a thief in his own country.

"We gotta go. Now! The paparazzi are coming." Farhana said quickly.

"I'm the one supposed to be anxious. We can't out run them. They will just hungry for more. Let them come." Tawfiq shrugged.
Farhana frowned but didn't protest. Salim just looked at him and nodded. He knew what he wanted him to do.

"Come on, Farhana. Let's go." Salim said to her.

"Why? we can't leave him alone."Farhana protested.

" He's Tawfiq. He knows what he is doing. Let's go before they swamp here. " Salim explained.

" Fine. Don't talk to anyone okay. " Farhana warned.

" Well.... That's what I was going to do. They already know I'm here right. They won't rest until they prove it. I will see you at home. " Tawfiq said to them.

Salim and Farhana quickly walked away and when Farhana turned again, Tawfiq had removed his hat and hoodie. Exposed to the world.

I hope you know what you are doing
Farhana said to herself as Salim held her close by and they left the area.

Before Tawfiq could step outside the airport, his pictures were all over the place. Huge number of reporters flooded around him. He was home indeed. Camera flashes hadn't flashed in his eyes for a really long time.... He hated it... The questions started to flood in.

'Where have you been, your highness?'
'What has been happening in your life during these years?'
'How long will you stay?'
'Are you back home to take over?'
'Your hair color, you changed it. Why?'

Questions after questions flooded him. He was tired of the questions.
He raised his hand to shut them up. They all kept quiet.

"Salaam Alaykum. I have my reasons for being outside the country. Personal reasons which I can't state at the moment. But you will be seeing more of me soon. Please respect I and my family's privacy. I have no more comments." Tawfiq said to the reporters.

" من فضلك لا تتبعني"
[min fadlik laa Tatabaeanie]
[Please don't follow me]

Tawfiq told the reporters. He didn't feel like hiding from anyone right now.

Tawfiq wasn't even sure if hailing a cab was a good idea. He didn't want to explain to half the world why he took a cab. He could still feel people taking his pictures.

Just then a car came to park in front of him. The window slid down to reveal Hamid. His cousin..... A long time ago they were close but he came to marry Yasmine after Tawfiq left the country. Tawfiq hated his guts.

"Need a ride?" Hamid offered with a smirk.

"No thanks. I'm sure your wife is waiting for you at home." Tawfiq sneered.

"It's been a while since that. Aren't you over it? I heard you were in town so I decided to pass by since I was in the area. What are cousins for. " Hamid explained.

Hamid was the 3rd born of Tawfiq's uncle but the first son. He was always around their house.

"Thanks for the offer but....." Before Tawfiq could finish a Bugatti came behind Hamid's car. A familiar face came out of the car with keys in his hand to the car.