Chapter 16

Salaam
I'm so sorry for the cliffhanger even though if you knew me you'd know I'm not 🙄🤫...
Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter.

************************************

Tawfiq had been forced to call his mother to find out if she was behind the kidnapping.

"How low do you think of me? How on earth could I even look my own grandson in the face and kidnap him? You sat there for some one to kidnap him! And then you blame me?" Ayisha had said.

"I'm sorry for blaming you. But If you weren't involved you could have just said no from the very beginning. I will handle everything myself. Like I always do. Goodbye mother." Tawfiq ended the line.

He had a lot more on his mind. Naima's welfare included.

She wouldn't eat, or talk. Naima was like a dead person walking. She would take the letter those wicked people had left and read it over and over again just to make sure she wasn't having a bad nightmare.

We have the children

We will contact you when we are ready

No police business or it would be the last time you see them.

Naima read it over and over again. She just sat on the bed and looked into the paper like it held the unknown location of her son.

"That's enough. You have to eat something. Please. You look pale. At this rate you will get sick before you realize. " Tawfiq pleaded for her to eat the food he had brought a few minutes ago. He snatched away the paper from her hands.

"He is my son. He might be hungry and scared by now. I can't bear the thought of me eating when he could be starving." Naima cried. She wasn't going to eat anything until she was sure her baby boy was save and sound.

"He is my son too. Our son... But you don't see me starving myself. I need the energy to help him anyway I can. So please eat something, for me." Tawfiq clasped her hand in his. He looked her in the eye with so much sadness that she had to give in.

"I know. He's your son too. I'm sorry. I will try to eat something." Naima forced a smile. Tawfiq pulled her to him and hugged her.

"I will bring him back to you. I promise you." Tawfiq swore.

Dean burst into the room.

"They called. Wanted to make sure we got their message." Dean replied. His hair was messed up. He hadn't slept a a wink from his face.

Naima quickly got up when Dean's words registered with her.

"Are you sure it's them?" Tawfiq asked.

"They are still on the line. I wanted to inform you first." Dean muttered.

Tawfiq took the phone by the bed.

"What do you want?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"Finally. I thought we'd have to kill one of them..." The muffled voice trailed.

"Don't fucking touch them! Who the fuck are you? And what the hell do you want!" Tawfiq growled.

"Calm down. I'm the one with the upper hand." The voice said.

"What shows you have them with you?" Tawfiq asked. The line went quiet for a while. Then he heard Nick's voice.

"Uncle Tawfiq?" Nick sniffed.

"Nick? Are you okay?" Tawfiq looked at Dean. He had a questioning face. He was worried about his son too.

"I'm fine. I'm scared. I want to go home to my mommy and daddy." He cried.