Chapter 29

Salaam
So Tawfiq is getting annoying... Even to me🌝🌝
But I get him at times.. But eh
So let's get on with it.
Jalil's thobe up top. Ignore the face.

************************************

Tawfiq had walked into the living room after bathing only to see his mother waiting for him. He decided not to acknowledge her presence but that was harder said than done. She kept her stare on his every move which irked him.

He sighed deeply in defeat.

"What do you want now, mother?"Tawfiq asked her.

" Can't a mother visit her only son? " She smiled... something she hadn't done truthfully in a while.

" Yes she can. But not you. I want to be alone so what do you want? " He stared at his mother.

" How are you?"She changed the topic.

" I'm fine. If that is all you want to know then I suggest you leave then. " He turned away from her.

" You aren't fine. You look wretched. You just lost your family. I can understand it if..... "

Tawfiq snapped... The millionth time already.

" You don't understand anything! This is what you always wanted right?! For Naima to leave my life. Now you have got what you want! Why won't you leave me the hell alone!? " He roared.

Ayisha shook her head.

"I didn't want her in your life. That's true. But it doesn't mean that I wanted her dead! Especially if my own grandchild had to die too. You think you are the only one suffering? Your dad and sister knew them too. How do you think they feel? You keep making everything about only your pain. But you weren't the only one who had her in your life. " Ayisha cleared up.

"No! You don't get it! Everyone keeps saying that they understand me! But you don't. You don't know how I feel! You don't know the pain of losing a part of you! You are all just trying to meddle in....." He wasn't able to finish when his mother's hand connected with his face.

He touched his stinging cheeks.

" No one would meddle in your life if you just didn't look so dead. Look at you. You look as pale as the clouds. If you ever had any ounce of regret left in you, you'd go and see your sister. She doesn't want to get married anymore. Because she thinks that you won't come to her wedding because you are hurt. She just stays in her room and cries.... Of all the people here.... She is the only one I never expected you to behave that way with. You think it's fair to rub your pain off everyone. Yes, your are hurting. I get it. But don't make everyone around you walk away because you want to cry alone...... I'm leaving. " Aisha walked around him and left the room. Leaving Tawfiq, with his hands on his cheeks and his eyes fixed on the ground.

**

Farhana was getting married to Jalil today as Tawfiq had found out. He was still adamant on not wanting to see or talk to anyone. But after his argument with his mother, he had thought things through. He had not been fair in the way he treated her. They hadn't even talked since then.

She just wanted to be there for him, like he had always been for her. But he pushed her away just like that.

He didn't want to go but he had to put his selfish reasons aside for for at least today... For Farhana. He hadn't left the palace since he was brought back. The farthest he had been was the beach and he only went there when everyone was asleep.... Because he couldn't sleep. It was a miracle if he slept for even 3 hours. He didn't tell anyone or take any medication to help him sleep.