Chapter 12

Salaam.
So I'm back again with another chapter. I didn't want to update right away because I'm drained but I have this chapter just sitting in my brain waiting to be published.
Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter.
And..... Listen to Story of my life by One Direction if you have the song. It really goes with the chapter at least to me. I cried when writing this chapter ❄️

______________________________________

"Hey. " Naima smiled at Tawfiq but inside he she cringed at herself. Really?.... Hey?.... That's the best she could do?.... What were they?.... Neighbors?.... God save her.

Tawfiq's eyes were still wide. What was Naima doing here? When and how did she get here... Inside the palace to be exact. Tawfiq's mouth opened a little but he couldn't voice out anything. He missed her so much that for a moment he thought it was his mind playing tricks on him. But it was really her.

His breathing picked up as he held back his tears. He took long strides towards her and walked into her open arms. His hold on her was tight... Almost like he thought she would disappear or leave the moment he let go.

He placed his head into the crook of her neck and breathed in her scent. He missed her so so much that sometimes it hurt.

It was getting too emotional so Dean cleared his throat.

"ahem ahem... I don't think you guys want me here, I will be in the.... whatever that is..." Dean pointed to a door. It was his study.

Tawfiq was too engrossed in his hug that he didn't even hear what he said.

"I will go now.... Ermmmm... We don't have a lot of time though but I'm sure we can spare a few minutes to ummm bond." Dean told them awkwardly and walked into the study. They really had little time left... Like 10 minutes or so.

"I missed you soo much, Habiba." Tawfiq held her tighter.

Naima felt him squeezing her to death  but she missed him as much as he did. She put her hands in his hair and she felt him crying on her shoulder. She didn't mind. He seemed to always be able to break down in front of her. She adored that about him. She loved him so much that she felt she could travel seas just to see him again.

He pulled back and held her face in his hands. He kissed her left cheek and then her right cheek. His eyes were a little red from crying. Naima didn't know when but she had started to cry. He had so much effect on her that he didn't know.

He kissed her nose and her eyes with so much love it made Naima cry more. He pulled her towards him and kissed her forehead. Naima couldn't handle it, she wrapped her hand around his neck and hugged him again.

"I missed you so much too. You don't know how much." Naima managed to say.

After a while she pulled back and they just stared at each other like they didn't want to move from this position.

Everything came to a halt when Dean came out of the room quickly with his phone in his hand. He looked distressed.

"Ummm... Sorry guys but we gotta go. Like.. Now." Dean told them.

"Go where? Habiba, what's going on?" Tawfiq was confused. Where were they going to.

"Ummm.... We came to save you?....."Naima was not sure now.

"Save me? From what?.... Wait I'm confused. How did you get inside the palace in the first place?" Tawfiq wanted an explanation. He raised his eyebrows.

"You weren't coming back, and someone sent me a letter with your handwriting, telling me that, you wanted to move on with... y-your life. T-that you found someone else." Naima voiced out. She prayed earnestly for Tawfiq to deny it. She did not know what she would do if he really sent the letter.