Chapter 9

Salaam.
I know I haven't written a lot from Naima's view but don't worry... I will.
I do hope you enjoy this chapter.

************************************

Naima had invited Aunt Faiza over to California. That was how come she was now standing behind her, staring intently into her phone. Under normal circumstances, most people, which includes Aunt Faiza didn't watch international news. That was why people still didn't know about it.

But now Aunt Faiza had caught on.

"It is Tawfiq right?Do you know about this?" Aunt Faiza asked with shock.

"Really? It doesn't look like him." Naima lied and switched off her phone.

"Do you think this is the 10th century. I also have a phone you know." Aunt Faiza took out her phone and typed in UAE news.

It all came out... Most of them were about Tawfiq. She looked at it again and her mouth fell open.

"It's him. When did you find out?" Aunt Faiza asked.

"A few months ago. That's why we had that huge fight." Naima revealed.

"Why didn't you tell me then?" She frowned a little.

"It wasn't my secret to tell." Naima simply said.

"Fine. Then why are you still here. Aren't you supposed to be there by his side? He's going to become king I suppose." Aunt Faiza concluded.

"It's complicated. He didn't go back to take over. He went to... renounce his rights." Naima looked into her phone and saw Tawfiq with another girl in the restaurant where the fight happened.

Don't get jealous, Naima. It could be a relative. Or maybe a visitor.

Naima told herself and took deep breaths.

"Renounce?! Why?" Aunt Faiza questioned further.

"It is a long story. I don't feel like talking about it right now." Naima concluded.
Aunt Faiza decided to leave her alone.
Naima's eyes fell on a name she thought she'd never hear again... Yasmine.

Surprisingly, she was the wife of one of Tawfiq's cousins. The one he fought with. Wow... That would be very weird.

Naima put her phone down and decided it was time to go and pick up Karim from school.

~

"I wasn't asking your opinion." Ayisha frowned.

"Well I don't care. I won't have any more interviews." Tawfiq replied to his mother as he entered his closet. He was looking for some sweats and shirt to wear.

"I told you to keep a good and low profile. You decided to be in a fight with your own cousin. You have to explain yourself." Ayisha explained to him.

Tawfiq gave her a look.

"They are waiting for you at the garden. Be there in 15 minutes. Before I let something slip." Ayisha threatened him. She had started to threaten him with revealing his secret if he didn't do what she wanted.
She left the room before Tawfiq could even complain.

~

Tawfiq was sitting down opposite a guy he didn't know but had to act friendly with. Yasmine was with the director. She couldn't ask the questions today because... Well... It was her husband that was beaten up... Yh.... Awkward...

"So, your majesty, even with the whole ghutra thing going on, people still noticed you changed your hair color when you first arrived. What made you change your hair color?" The guy who Tawfiq realized was called Hakeem said.